Monday, April 13, 2009

Happy Easter!!!!!

This week went by incredibly fast. Maybe too fast. Last Wednesday both my parents and my brother and his family flew out here to spend Easter with us. It was a pretty low key weekend but it was definitely nice and relaxing to have grandparents, cousins, and an aunt and uncle to keep Brooke entertained. Thursday we stayed home and played the Wii. We bought Will and Kristin Ravin' Rabbids for Christmas and it was a lot of fun to play.
Friday, Kristin and I decided to make these delicious Dulce de Leche cupcakes. They were a bit time consuming but it was all worth it in the end. If you want the recipe let me know and I'll email to you. We also did a little bit of shopping at the Outlets.
Saturday, the Meadows (the subdivision we live in) was hosting an Eggstravaganza so we thought we'd check it out. Parking was a little ridiculous so we opted to walk from our house which proved to be the right decision. It was crazy windy but I think the kids walked away with a good amount of eggs. That night after the kids went to bed we hid eggs downstairs for them to find in the morning. We also played more of the Wii and my parents even got into it.

Easter morning, Jason and Sierra had a blast searching for the eggs and even more fun when they realized that there was good candy inside.Brooke even got into the action but no pics of here. That afternoon, after church, we even had a grown-up easter egg hunt. Troy hid 40 eggs in the basement and got to watch us search for them. Checking out our loot afterwards. I think we ended up throwing away all the candy that was inside them. They were gross.I think if we have family here during easter we'll have to make it a tradition. All in all the weekend flew by and it was a ton of fun being with family. Brooke even started to cry as I was pulling away from the airport after dropping them off.

In other news, I think Brooke has gotten the scoot down and she's pretty quick at doing it...as long as there's food in front of her.

10 comments:

Kay said...

Pic # 7 Are you really going to eat that whole thing?

Pic #8 Don't even think about trying to get one of my eggs, buddy!

Good times, Good times!

Helen said...

Yumm! Can I have the cupcake recipe!? Thanks!
helenmm15@yahoo.com

Kenz said...

You forget to mention anything about your new haircut. Looks darling, by the way. Happy belated Easter!

Kristin said...

Those were great cupcakes. Very time consuming, but still fun to make.

We all had a great time. And thats a great picture of Jason holding the easter eggs. :)

Mickie and Matt said...

Yes, we missed the Wu's out here for sure! As soon as I got in the car Jason said "THE EASTER BUNNY CAME AND GAVE ME JELLY BEANS AND A CAMERA!!!" He was so excited! It's fun to have that kind of energy around on holidays. Brooke will be there next year I bet :)

Will said...

I like the pic of my wife with the yellow egg best, but I'm biased . . .

Jared said...

Troy,
I want the recipe you have for Dulce De Leche cupcakes. I miss that stuff.
Jared

Mom Ware said...

Cute haircut, Tracie!

Stephanie said...

Love your hair! Happy late Easter!

Tandi Davis said...

Hey Tracie! I can't handle how cute Brooke is! What a fun idea to have a "grown up" easter egg hunt, and I love your haircut!