Here is an action shot of the sledding run. We're working with the Olympic committee to use it for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Denver.
Sunday, April 19, 2009
We should have plenty of May flowers
Well, we got some snow this week. It started Thursday night, after being overcast and drizzly all day. It finally ended on Saturday evening at some point. I'm not sure what the official count total was, but it was up close to my knee stepping out in the back yard. I'll let the pictures do most of the taking.
Here is the deck on Friday at about 3 in the afternoon.
Same spot, at 8 in the morning on Saturday. The snow would come heavy for an hour or two, then trickle off, then pick back up. By Saturday it had turned to rain in most other parts of the state.
We ventured out Saturday morning while Brooke was napping to play in the snow. Tracie had me "throw" her out into the snow to make a snow angel. She even had time to catch snow flakes!
This is our neighbor's water feature. It was running at an all time high today (It was 60 and sunny).
Here is an action shot of the sledding run. We're working with the Olympic committee to use it for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Denver.
Here is an action shot of the sledding run. We're working with the Olympic committee to use it for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Denver.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
For those unconvinced by this post about the beauty of Colorado, here is the five day forecast this week.
Monday - 68
Tuesday - 74
Wednesday - 77
Thursday - 80
Friday - 78
The 2014 olympics are in Denver?
White Christmases are wonderful and I do get jealous of those. But snowstorms in April and May? I guess it's just not in my DNA! Way to make the most of it, though.
Not yet Kenz. But there is talk that if Chicago doesn't get the Summer Olympics in 2012, that Denver would throw their hat in the ring for 2014.
When it snows that much here I stay inside and pout... man I hate snow in april!
Troy, your sliding video was a ton better. LOL
Crazy Denver weather. Glad you could enjoy the snow for a day or two.
I must say I thurily enjoyed troy's sledding over tracie's.
I didn't know grunting was an integral part of sledding . . .
I can't believe you got that much snow!!! Way to make the best of it and get out there....I would have just stayed indoors and pouted!
Thanks for the pictures - what memories came back as I remember "snow days" with 3 boys thrilled to be out of school for the day. I was actually jealous of your being out in it. Wish I could have been there. Makes me realize how much I miss Colorado weather!!!
Post a Comment