Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend!!!

This past weekend we decided to make a road trip over to Utah. The drive through the Rocky Mountains was gorgeous. I wish we would have taken pictures but it was sprinkling and drizzling throughout the drive. Brooke did fantastic the whole 8 hour drive. I think she may have made one little peep but besides that she kept herself busy with all the toys and books we brought for her.
I think her favorite part was our "picnic" inside the car in Glenwood Springs.
We arrived at Shane and Heather's in time for dinner with Grandpa and Grandma Burt and cousin Bryce. Unfortunately we forgot to take out the camera during that time. Poor Ellie had to spend most of the weekend with socks on her hands since she just learned that she could yank her earrings out. I think she lost only 1 pair but definitely yanked out her earrings more than once.
Saturday morning the whole gang headed over to Magelby's Fresh for all-you-can-eat French Toast. Although we all only got one helping of French toast we were stuffed. We met up with Will and Kristin in the early afternoon at the Quiksilver Outlet and walked out with a ton of goodies for a great deal. I got 4 shirts for $5 each. Not too shabby. Afterwards Heather and I went to go get pedicures. I believe this is the third time ever getting one and it was wonderful. I think we may have to make that a tradition whenever the womenfolk get together. The kids got a bath later on that evening. I don't think Brooke has ever had that much fun.
Sunday we met up with Will and Kristin again and hung out with them for a little bit. In the evening we took a nice walk around the neighborhood and luckily made it back to the house before the downpour came. We ended the night with a fun game of Ticket to Ride with Heather winning the game. Jackson even got to rock out to Guitar Hero.
Brooke loved all the new toys that she had free reign to play with.
Monday, Troy and I took the gang to the Chinese restaurant that's up in Salt Lake. The girls (meaning the kiddies) got there hair done before we left. Even Brooke had enough hair to put into a little pony tail. If you look closely you can see the little piggies on the twins.
I think everyone enjoyed the food especially Kate. Normally Ellie finishes up her food before Kate is even halfway done but this time Kate completely cleared her tray before Ellie was done. Heather and I did a little bit of shopping that afternoon and then enjoyed the boys spoiling us by making dinner.
We got to meet up with Jenna at BYU before we left and also hit up the bookstore. Luckily, we still get a discount there for being alumni.
The trip back to Colorado was uneventful. We hit rain pretty much all through the mountains but made it back in decent time. Thanks Shane, Heather, Jackson, Ellie, and Kate for a fantabulous weekend. As I write this blog Brooke is going through withdrawals since there's no one to entertain her in her room. Boo.

6 comments:

Will said...

I didn't know alumni got a discount. How good is it and how do you prove you're alumni? Do they just figure you know you'll burn if you lie to BYU?

Mickie and Matt said...

Hey we missed you guys again!? Well you dont want to see me right now anyways. Kristin keeps taking pictures and I threaten her life if she doesnt erase them haha. Give me a couple months and i'll be back to normal with a baby on my hip. Good to hear you had a good weekend though!

Jenna said...

Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. It was so nice of you to stop by the office. Brooke is growing up so fast...who knows, she and her "cousin" could share a birthday. =) Drew was sad we couldn't all get together, but hopefully next time. Love you guys!!!

Ware Family said...

Fun weekend you guys! Thanks for coming, I'm glad Brooke made such good friends with the girls.
See you in a couple months!

Tandi Davis said...

How fun!! Love the cute pig tails-that's always very exciting when you can actually get enough hair for piggies! Glad you guys had a great time.

Shane said...

Thanks again for making Memorial Day just that!!!