Tuesday, July 28, 2009

All Growed Up (Beware, Lots of Syrup. Maybe even some powdered sugar)

A year ago today Brooke had her first doctor's visit. At that time her stats were:
Head: 13 1/4 in. (sorry, no percentiles were given)
Height: 19 in.
Weight: 6 lbs. 8 oz.
Now a year later here she is just as cute but slightly bigger.
Head: 18 1/2 in. (90-95%)
Height: 30 1/2 in. (75-90%)
Weight: 19 lbs. (10-25%)

For some reason I was not surprised to see that Brooke was at the top of the chart for head circumference. She did great while getting her 3 shots and the doc even seemed more impressed that Brooke is as social as she is. He said that kids her age normally don't interact as much as she did with him. Way to go, Brooke!!!!

Now a "quick" review at what Brooke has accomplished in the past year:
Crying really loud
Learning to enjoy bathtime
Smiling
Learning to play well with cousins Hanging out with Lexie
Putting up with mom and dad's craziness Mastering tummy time... but not always liking it
Learn to laugh (one of the best sounds in my opinion)


Rolling over


Being a great sleeper since 3 months.Taking after dad's goofinessLoving other peopleSitting upCrawlingFeeding herself.

Anywho, after a trip down memory lane I'm sure you all get the idea that Troy and I have had a fantastic, fun-filled year of Brooke. We love her to pieces and are so blessed to have her in the family.

6 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Whoa! Powdered SUGAR even, I love it! My favorite was the "sitting up" photo. Your little Brooke is So Cute! I can't believe she was that little once...

Kenz said...

Love her and can't wait to play with her, seriously. Ya done good, kids. Hey, Scarlett is 19 lbs, too. Kinda scary, but thought I'd mention it.

Will said...

So much sugar that we all feel spoiled.

Jenna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROOKE!!! I am sorry that Addison didn't wait any longer to share your birthday, but you two (along with Trenton) share the same birthday month! Thanks again for visiting me when you were here to see your Ware family. Next time Addison will be here and ready to play with you!!!

kelsey said...

What a doll! You'll have to lock her up before long :)

Jyll said...

What can I say? She is so stinkin' cute! Love the pic of her sleeping in a sitting position. How is that possible?