Call me desperate but I did it. I managed to get two little piggies in Brooke's hair. Funny thing is all her hair is on top with a little in the back but I managed to get the elastics on fairly tight.


We had a busy week starting with Troy and I going to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert at Red Rocks. It was a bit of a hike to get to the amphitheater but the view was worth it. We even got to see nature's fireworks show in the distance.

Monday and Tuesday I babysat a friend's little 2 month old. I am so glad that pretty much all they do is eat and sleep. Heather, I don't know how you do it with twins!

Thursday Troy and I got to celebrate his passing another exam. Do you know what that means? He only has one more left to take and then he is DONE!!!!!!! I am so proud of him and all that he has accomplished in these last almost 5 years. In total there are 10 exams and he's taken 2 a year for the past 5 years. We are excited for him to be done although I'll be sad that he no longer gets study days. I also got to go out that evening with some friends to see The Proposal. I enjoyed the movie and even found myself chuckling afterwards.

Saturday was a fun day. We went out to dim sum with our neighbors. I even tried snails for the first time. It was too bad although I don't think I would ever order it on my own. Troy and I played the Wii in the afternoon then had some of our neighbors over in the evening. Originally we were going to have a cul-de-sac BBQ but starting around 5ish we got a torrential downpour that didn't stop until after 8. Luckily the rain stopped in time for us to catch the firework show that our development put on.
Now for a quick, funny story:
Brooke and I went to the library early in the week. I usually get a couple books for Troy and I and then some board books for Brooke. Well, I found this book that I thought would be fun for Troy and Brooke to read together. I showed it to Troy and he quickly starts skimming the book. I thought he had read it before as a kid but it was until I started looking at the pictures then the title that it all made sense. Needless to say, we returned the book immediately. I swear I thought the book was about a kid and his dad and his
grandpa.

11 comments:
Love the little pig tails! And yeah for Troys test being (almost) done with!
That's hilarious. I was just talking with Kristin about Mom's that are so desparate for their little girls to have "girly" hair. I think Brooke has always had feminine features though.
Can I just say how much I enjoy Will's comments? What guy notices a baby's "feminine features"? Will, you are great! And, you are right about cute little Brooke. She is adorable as always!
Brookie looks so cute with the teensie weensie pigtails. That was the fastest blowing kiss.
Well i'll admit it took you explaining the book before I saw a problem. I actually thought it was a book about "papa" (grandpa in my head) being chinese, dad being white and the baby being half and half. I thought WOW someone wrote that book just for you guys! Then I noticed AFTER you said it that "papa" doesnt look much older then "Daddy"... hmmm. Pigtails are adorable now just get little bows around them and it will be even cuter! Oh and a woot woot to Troy and his tests!
Oh my gosh that is hilarious!! I wish I could see Troy's reaction when he discovered the "true" meaning of the book...too funny!! Congrats, Troy; you're such a smartie! Tracie, I can't believe you ate snails. You are one adventurous gal! Love Brookie's piggy tails!!
So Troy what are the new fancy letters that you get to put by your name.
Yay for piggies! I'm glad she doesn't pull them out, my girls just stopped doing that. Although I do have to take them out for naptime or I come back in and they both have an elastic and a clip in their mouth.
Funny about the book, not what you were expecting!
Oh....goodness! The book story!!! LOL! I can't stop laughing!
The kiss blow with the Vivaldi background music. How very charming. What more can I ask for in a Brooke video.
Brooke's hair looks adorable! Way to go Troy, you're almost done! Good job Tracie for trying snails...I don't know if I'd be that brave.
Post a Comment