Sunday, July 26, 2009

Party

Ed and Joanna came out on Tuesday to visit Tracie and I, and coincidentally they were here for Brooke's birthday as well! :) We all enjoyed being spoiled to some degree during their visit, be it the extra pair of hands to take care of Brooke, the wondeful meals cooked for by Joanna, or the chance to eat Dim Sum and Cinzetti's in the same weekend. It was a fun and fast few days, and of course, it was Brooke who missed them most, since it was lonely in the back seat without them.
It took some coaxing, some advance ripping, and some placing of the paper right into her hands, but otherwise Brooke was a natural at opening her gifts.



The walker was a big hit.


Thanks for the book!



Wow, even more gifts, when will this all end!



Is this all for me?




All these gifts are great, but I think I'd really just like a nap!




The Birthday cupcake chronicles.
The pristine beginning.

So what do you do with this thing, poke holes in it and smash it to pieces?!?!?!

Oh, I see where you're going with this...


That's what I'm talking about!



















These things aren't so bad after all!















Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a great birthday!


























It was great to see Brooke's face when she saw her new gifts, and we got to see that same face that afternoon after her nap, and again the next morning. I think she forgets about them every time she goes to sleep. Once again, Happy Birthday Brooke.








3 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Her shirt is so cute! Happy Birthday to Brooke!

Will said...

Gosh, I'm even entertained looking at all her new toys!

Bacchus Family said...

Fastest year ever huh? But also the best. Happy late birthday to Brooke and thanks for the birthday message. I was on vacation that week and apologize for never returning the call. But I loved getting the message. Hope year two is just as great.