Sunday, August 23, 2009
Playmate
Brooke and Lexie have come to tolerate each other much better over the last couple of months. Lexie is generally patient with Brooke, and too her credit, Brooke is generally quite nice to Lexie, showering her with kisses and small pats. Here, Lexie and Brooke both enjoy checking the toy that Tracie got at a garage sale.
Yesterday morning, Lexie was hiding between the blinds and the window. Brooke thought that it was quite humorous, and decided to get a closer look by climbing on the file box. Once there she discovered all the cool stuff on the desk. Of course she also tipped over the nearly full shredder, but at least she was nice enough to help me pick up the mess.
This week we also got a crazy hailstorm on Monday night. It was pretty fascinating to watch, but the next morning the aftermath wasn't quite as fun.
Our garden got hit hard, ripping leaves off the peach tree, knocking down tomatoes, putting hail holes in the zucchini and leaving the garden in a general level of sagginess and disarray. Hopefully we can still get some growth out of everything before the season ends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Speaking of hail... In June my mom and I were driving to OR and we randomly hit a hail storm. Right as we went through it we saw 2 guys on motercycles heading straight for it. Oh man it was hitting out car hard. I can't imagine getting hit with those things driving 70-80 mph OUCH!
That Colorado weather! Mother Nature is not controllable. The winds over here are helping us slowly harvest our apple tree day by day, 10 apples by 10 apples. Here's to crossed fingers for your garden's return.
That is nuts!! You guys really do have the weirdest weather out there! I'm glad Brooke and Lexi are good friends....too cute!
That must have been hail.
I will cry for your garden. So sorry- that is the worst especially because it was growing so well! Hope that most of it survived...
And really, is there anything cuter than that Brooke of yours?
Ok, so I can barely take how cute your little Brookie is!! You two make cute babies for sure!
That is crazy!!! I guess you guys got that same storm that we did, our hail didn't seem to be as bad as yours though. Crazy about the fire pit cover! Brooke is just getting cuter with each post!!
Tracie e-mail me your address and i'll get them in the mail asap. Mickiespence@hotmail.com :)
Wow, I can't believe how ripped apart that cover is!
I see you two have entered the stage every parent dreams about--baby mobility! It's the best, and it's just double the fun with twins. :)
our fire pit cover is the same. you would not think of trying to weatherproof your weatherproof cover...
Post a Comment