Now that we've gotten back into the swing of things and recuperated from our small colds, I can update you all on our past goings on. After coming back from Dallas, the whole family headed off to California the following Thursday. We made it to the airport with what we thought was plenty of time to spare but seeing as an early Thursday afternoon is a super busy traveling time we got slowed down in security and ended walking right onto the plane. I believe we were the very last people on. Luckily it wasn't a full flight and Brooke was able to have her own seat. She did very well on the flight considering she had missed her afternoon nap. We left dry, mild Denver weather to come to hot, semi-humid weather in California. We stayed at my parents' house that night along with Will, Kristin, and their kiddies.
My parents made a cardboard castle that the kids loved.
The next morning, Troy, Brooke, and I headed up north to see Jeremy and MacKenzie. I think it only got hotter as we drove into the middle of CA. We hung out with them, visiting Jer's new work, went to dinner, and drove around on their go-kart.
I even had a go at it the next morning although none of the pictures reflect the major air I got off of one of the jumps.
Luckily Troy has a semi-decent picture taker as a wife and caught a sweet pic of him going off the jump.
Brooke got to even have a little go around in the kart.
Sunday was my dad's birthday
and we celebrated by having a big family gathering with 6 of my mom's siblings and a lot of my cousins and their families come.
I love family gatherings and I know for sure Brooke loved all the attention she got.
Brooke was definitely ready for bed by the time the festivities were over. We actually put her down before everyone left and she completely zonked out even with all the noise.
Monday Will, Kristin, Troy, and I headed to Disneyland to celebrate my birthday.
The main reason for the whole trip was to go to Disneyland for free. It was a beautiful day and the weather was perfect. Mickie had recommended that we get the book The Unofficial Guide to Disneyland and by the time we arrived at the park, Kristin had our morning pretty much mapped out.
Troy, in action, lathering up for the day. He even remembered to re-apply.
We ended up going on about 21 rides/attractions and waiting on average 20 minutes per ride (excluding Space Mountain the second time without a fastpass). We had fast passes for many of the big rides which allowed us to zip right through.
Troy, in action, lathering up for the day. He even remembered to re-apply.In line for the Haunted Mansion. It was all decked out for Halloween with the them from Nightmare Before Christmas.
Troy being a great tourguide on Indiana Jones ride.
It's a Small World after all. Troy saw a friend from his parent's home ward.
I may have gotten a little wet from Splash Mountain. Good thing we waited until the afternoon to go so we could cool down.
Will taking a "catnap" from New Orleans Square to Tomorrowland.
One of our last rides of the day. Good 'ol Autotopia. Wish we could have driven faster than 3 mph.
Finished off the night with the Buzz Lightyear ride twice without any wait.
All in all it was a fantastic way to celebrate my birthday and I think we did a great job in conquering the park. Brooke thinks so. (Notice her 2 upper teeth. Finally. She's got 5 teeth now.)
All in all it was a fantastic way to celebrate my birthday and I think we did a great job in conquering the park. Brooke thinks so. (Notice her 2 upper teeth. Finally. She's got 5 teeth now.)
13 comments:
how fun! we plan to disneyland in May when we go for Nicks reception! We'll see how Libby does there! We are hoping she loves it!
Fun! Glad you had a fun birthday! I need to make it back to California again soon too.
Looks like you guys had a great time! Brooke is just getting more adorable with each post!
Uh oh pump up the jam. It looks like there is a new highest air champion.
Who was the friend that Troy saw?
Dan the Blind Man saw Troy.
That Brookie is so cute! Her facial expression looks like Kate.
Now you're making me not want to wait until next year for Disneyland!
Can I borrow your book,ha ha.
I'd know a California backyard anywhere! And where was this place with the big castle? Do you think our kids would like it?
Oh i am glad you got that book. It is seriously a MUST have for Disneyland... I bet you did everything you wanted and more! Heard y'all had a great time. That kart looks AWESOME. Matt was envious. :)
I am trying to convince Dan to take me to Disneyland for my birthday without the kidos.
Thanks for letting us tag along. We had a great time!
I sure hope Jeremy and MacKenzie don't live too far north. :) I'm jealous of your visit to Disneyland.
Gotta Love DISNEYLAND!!! I love all of your pictures and updates :)
Post a Comment