Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Brrr

It is currently a whopping 3 degrees outside and I think we've already reached the high for today. The low for tonight is -5. Can't wait.

Onto more exciting news, we finally got our Christmas tree and decorations up. I had been busy with my Relief Society Christmas dinner that I had not been able to get into the Christmas spirit. No worries now. The Christmas music has been flowing everyday since last Thursday and I'm actually, kind of enjoying the white pre-Christmas we're having. Brooke loves looking at the tree and every morning when she sees it she always has to say, "wow" or "whoa".
Within the last couple weeks Brooke has learned how to open screw tops, ziploc bags, pen caps, etc. That has made things really interesting. I usually shut the door while I'm in the shower and let Brooke have free reign around the bedroom. On Friday, while I was squeeging the shower door I noticed that it was a little too quiet. I called out to Brooke but heard no answer. Quickly toweled off and opened the bathroom door to find Brooke with a blue highlighter in hand. I didn't get a picture of her in the act but here is the evidence that she left behind. Somehow she managed to miss the walls (thankfully) and her face. What a silly kid.

Brooke has also taken interest to the goings on in the kitchen. She "helped" me bake some cookies yesterday and enjoyed the fruits of her labor...some chocolate chips.

11 comments:

Helen said...

3 degrees?! It's 55 here and I'm not even going outside! It's freezing! Hope you guys are staying warm!

Mickie and Matt said...

GORGEOUS Tree! Way better then ours! I am NOT jealous at all of your weather, ours is a high of 17 tomorrow and I am NOT happy about it! Those cookies looked so YUMMY and luckily Brooke didnt go crazy with SHARPIES! Hide those, they are hard to get out of carpet. :)

Kay said...

Goodness, that means my little Colton is out tracting in booger freezing temps....yikes!

wumom said...

I couldn't help laughing at the blog and all the funny comments!

Tandi Davis said...

Yikes!! Hope that came out of your carpet!! The first of MANY messes....
Glad you guys had a great thanksgiving!!

Natalie said...

Oh man! It's better to live in the Midwest for a change! It snowed - and stuck - for the first time last night. Now it's raining and 37 degrees. I feel bad for you guys!

Kristin said...

Oh man. I have been lucky so far with the marker thing. Sierra did however find the wonder markers and tried to draw on a book. Thank goodness it was a wonder marker.

That is adorable that Brooke is already "helping'!

Kristin said...

Oh man. I have been lucky so far with the marker thing. Sierra did however find the wonder markers and tried to draw on a book. Thank goodness it was a wonder marker.

That is adorable that Brooke is already "helping'!

Bacchus Family said...

Nice tree. Charles is all about the tree as well. The lights turn on with a button and he thinks he it is so cool that he can turn on the lights. You shouldn't write that it gets to 3 degrees outside because now you'll never convince me to move there.

Troy said...

Update: It was -17 for a low yesterday. Good news is that we should be back above freezing tomorrow!

ashley g. said...

That weather is disgusting.

But your daughter is hilarious! Aren't you glad it wasn't a sharpie? Those are the worst. I think my Kalli has a secret stash of them somewhere because she always seems to have one in tow. It is so cute to see tiny Brooke standing and walking by the way. She looks so tiny next to that beautiful tree!