Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm In!!!

Call me crazy but I've already made a New Year's Resolution for next year. I'm running a half marathon. Yikes!!!! I was inspired from watching Biggest Loser and seeing the contestants that used to be 250+ pounds run a full marathon. I thought that if they can run a full the least I can do is run half. Also, about 5 1/2 years ago I was supposed to run the Moab Half Marathon but got sick during the winter and couldn't train so my gracious roommate, Erin took my spot. I don't think, wait, I'm absolutely positive that I won't be able to beat "my" previous time but my goal is to do it under 2 1/2 hrs. That's feasible, right?! Anywho, thought I'd let you in on one of my resolutions. Let the training begin!!!!

15 comments:

Kristin said...

You go Tracie!!

Mickie and Matt said...

Cool! I was thinking about doing something similar hmmm dont know if a half marathon is my style though... Way to go!

Kay said...

Alright Tracie!!

I already told my girls friend I'd run the 10 mile Pear Blossom with her this April! So we'll be training together....

Elise and Lane said...

Awesome! I did a 5 K with the family and now I'm going to train for a half with a friend also! We'll be long distance training buddies!!! Look for our card in the mail! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! You go girl!! I'm so pumped for you. 2 1/2 hours is definitely feasible. I'll be cheering you on; keep us posted on how your training goes!!

Will said...

GO for it!

Kenz said...

Goooo Girl! Awesome goal.

Natalie said...

Yay! Way to go! The Biggest Loser is SO inspiring! I've only watched it about 4 times, but I'm always inspired.

So I always thought that you went to St. George and ran the marathon there every year. Was I way off?

Jenna said...

So proud of you!!! In the middle of typing this I just got a call from you, but I'm still going to post it anyway! Way to go! I am glad that you're going to do it. As I said on the phone, I will be there that weekend (unless the training for work turns out to be then) and Addie and I will be there to cheer you on! Looking forward to seeing you one month from today!!! YAY!!!

tracie said...

Natalie - you are soo off. The thought of running a marathon makes me want to crawl back into bed. I'm impressed that you're working on your second. Keep it up. As for me, I don't think a marathon is in my near future.

Bacchus Family said...

Good luck Tracie. I am glad I did a half once, but it is not my thing. Learn from me and keep to the training schedule.

Erin and Ryan said...

Awesome, you'll do great! Ryan and I are also doing a 1/2 in May here in Columbus. I think this is the first 1/2 I will have run since I ran as Tracie Wu (thanks again for giving me your slot :)

Thom and Jamie Stansfield said...

Holy Cow! Tracie runs?! I was unaware that you had ever exercised before! lol! Good luck! We did a marathon when we were engaged. Went from not running to doing a full fledged marathon in 3 1/2 months! It was insane! We plan to do at least a half in 2011...i want to be done nursing to do it! We are going to Nashville TN for ours! Good luck!

ashley g. said...

The Biggest Loser inspires me to do a lot of things... I always eat better on Wednesdays- that's for sure.

I'm so proud of you!! You are totally going to smash that 2.5 hour goal- you're Tracy! You could probably sprint that bad boy in a few minutes!

I've heard that race is beautiful- ENJOY that scenary and the gu!

That's Wright said...

Awesome! You go girl:)