Now, I wouldn't say that my body is pain free. I would say everything from my knees up feel great when I go for my long runs but knees down are a different story. We'll see how I feel after this week's long run of 10 miles. Luckily the weather has cooperated and has given me many nice Saturdays to do my long runs and this coming one is no exception despite the snow we have gotten for the past 24+ hrs. Call me crazy but I'm actually looking forward to this 10 mile run and the ones following after for the next 2 weeks (11 & 12). I'm interested to see how I'll be mentally. I ran 8 miles a couple weeks ago and felt great afterwards so what's another 2 miles, right...
Okay, enough of my ramblings about the half marathon. We had a pretty chill week last week recuperating from our little vacation in Boise. Troy had some long (or at least what I consider long) days at the office while Brooke and I held the fort down. Brooke managed to keep herself entertained while I tried to get back into the groove of things.
7 comments:
I dont think you are crazy at ALL! I think it's awesome! I think that may be my goal for 2011 run a 1/2 marathon... This year it's a couple Triathlons. :) Happy training!
I totally know about the shoe thing, same thing happened with Matt we took him to Wasatch Running Co. they watched him walk and run then they fitted him with a shoe, he was in pain-free heaven!
You go, girl!
The longest run I've taken in the last few months is 4 miles...that used to be an easy,breezy day. Now I am winded by the end.
Great goal, glad you're accomplishing it!
Agreed, running shoes are something you shouldn't suffer through if you don't have to.
Way to go with the training Wu! And Yes good shoes are a must for running long distance and putting that many miles on. Keep up the good work and good luck come race day!
Yay! I'm glad you're doing so well and I'm SO glad you got shoes that work and that it's helping!!!
great job and keep it up! I remember my 10 mile run training for the marathong and how it felt great! Thom and I just decided to train for a full marathon. We will do the Nashville TN country music marathon next April! I'm excited but of course we have yet to really start training!
If you have shin splints- there are soooo many things you can do to help them- definitely do some googling on that one.
Also- strong muscles are the best cure for leg soreness. Go stand on a stair and do some calf raises and toe taps- it will take time, but you'll be feeling good in no time. And in my opinion, that was the best $120 spent ever. Good luck! I'm soooo excited to see how it goes!
Post a Comment