The main reason for coming to California was to celebrate Chinese New Year's with my family. This was a first for both Brooke and Troy and I think they thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Brooke would even say "gung hay fat choy" to receive the licee. She's very quick to get the hang of things although she has no idea that the real treat is what's inside.

My aunts also threw a small baby shower for my cousin and I. She's due mid-March even though I look so much bigger than her!!!! No fair.

At the end of the evening, my uncle brought out all the party hats and confetti for the kids to play with. The older cousins mentioned that we never would have had the chance to create as much of a mess as they did but it was fun to see all the little kiddies go crazy over confetti. I bet my aunt and uncle are still finding confetti around the house.


Monday, we headed north to Ventura. It was a gorgeous day and definitely made us not want to have to leave the following day to head back to single digit temps. I think within the week we experienced a 100 degree change in temps.

We had a lot of fun spending time with my family and soaking in the warm sun. It's taken us a while to recuperate from the fun but I think we're finally back to normal here.
3 comments:
Love the glasses Brooke!
Glad y'all could get a little R&R! Looks like you have thoroughly enjoyed the CA Sun! Steve and I are totally jealous.
And might I say, you are one beautiful pregnant woman. You make pregnancy look so lovely and (dare I say) inviting? And I'm so glad that Brooke will be able to read the chalkboard now. Glasses are incredibly helpful.
Gung hay fat choy!
Post a Comment