Troy's brother, Shane, came out to visit and have a man weekend with Troy. The man weekend was started up by Uncle Shane painting Brooke's fingers and toes cougar blue.
Brooke had been talking about this all week and absolutely could not wait for Uncle Shane to fulfill his promise.
Later in the afternoon, Troy and Shane headed up to the Pepsi Center, which by the way is affectionately known as The Can, to watch the first round of the NCAA tournament. Now, not just any first round but specifically the Cougars. A friend of ours had tickets at club level which made the experience all the more enjoyable.
Besides watching a ton of basketball over the weekend, the guys were so kind in painting the baby's room. Little did Shane know that this was his payment for us allowing him to stay with us. :) Luckily he did it very willingly and I didn't have to lift a finger to tape or paint. It was wonderful.
Brooke wanted in on the action but this was pretty much as close as she could get to the paint until...
later in the afternoon, after the boys had left for the b-ball game and I decided to help by taking off the tape. After a few minutes of tape removing, I hear a voice saying, "uh oh" Now we all know that can't mean a good thing and I turn around and see a nice, bigger than a drop, size pool of paint. Not the light colored paint but the one that we had a chosen as an accent color. I immediately move Brooke to the plastic and call the paint store to see what can be done. Afterwards I call up a carpet cleaning company but they can't come until the following morning so I have to sit and wait. The only thing that I could do is put moist towels on the spill so the paint wouldn't dry.
The carpet cleaning guy came the next morning and cleaned as much as he could. It's not perfect and I feel like as days go by the spot is only getting darker but I guess it'll have to do for now. Besides the ugly spot I think the room turned out nicely.
I think the kitties think so too.
Luckily I still have to wash the bedding.
Last but not least, like mentioned before, we have been enjoying a lot of basketball around here. So much so that Brooke definitely knows who to root for. Make us proud, Cougars!!!!!
6 comments:
Go Jimmer is Right!
So sorry about the paint spill! Already big sister Brooke is wrecking havoc in babys room! haha. I just LOVE how you guys are such huge Cougar fans BTW. You guys rock. Go COUGS!
Love the video!
Good for Brooke. Jason just roots AGAINST whoever anyone else roots for. It's funny, but it's not.
What about a rug that says I love my mom's college roommate Tracy? Or you can just put my initials TLB. Think about it.
A Little Cute Area Rug will cover that paint spill right up!!
Post a Comment