Monday, March 07, 2011

Fun In the Sun

I don't think we ever posted a picture of the final product of our s'mores cookie. It isn't the greatest of pictures but use your imagination. Let me tell you that it DID NOT disappoint and it was worth eating every crumb. The beginning of last week, we were able to enjoy tempuratures in the high 50s maybe low 60s. I forget the exact numbers but nonetheless it was glorious to be able to play outside. Brooke took full advantage of it by taunting Squishy but I don't think the kitties minded. They were just glad to breath in some fresh air.
Other than blowing bubbles, and drawing with sidewalk chalk, Brooke was able to finally master riding her tricycle. She always had trouble going up a slight incline and finally figured that the placement of her feet on the pedals was all she needed to be able to make the climb.Brooke also had fun getting herself stuck in a box. As the cold air blew into Denver mid-week, Troy whisked me off for a fun, short getaway to Tucson. We left early Thursday morning and treated outselves to a spa afternoon. Do you notice the nice glow on my face? That was from the facial. Afterwards I was spoiled with a body scrub and massage. It was fabulous and for a brief, brief moment I forgot I was pregnant. I was allowed to lay on both my back and my stomach and it was wonderful. While I got the massage, Troy treated himself to some much needed sun, warmth, and outside air. None of the stuffiness from being in an office all day.
Friday, we headed to the Colossal Caves which is south of Tucson. I wish I could say the drive was scenic but all there really is to see is a lot of cacti mixed in with rocks and dirt.
The cave was pretty interesting. The guide mentioned that it is not a live cave but it still breaths. Not sure what that means but at least we didn't find any living creatures in there. Luckily the bats that are usually there had migrated south for the winter.
This was pretty much the only spot where it was a little close for my comfort but everywhere else was roomy and well paved.
The Colossal Caves had a discovery map that we followed to various spots in the area. One of them included the windmill and I thought it would be a great place to capture was Tucson pretty much looks like minus the windmill. After the caves, we headed to the movies and watched Adjustment Bureau. Both Troy and I were grateful that we had seen a deal from Fandago to get 2 tickets for $9 because I don't think the movie would have been worth the original $22. If you're skeptical about the movie, I'd just say to stick with the Bourne series.
Later in the evening, we met up with my old college friend, Lili, and her husband and headed out for some Indian food. Loved the company and food but not so much the stale Indian food smell the next morning.
We headed back to a cooler Denver the following morning and was happily greeted by Brooke. Many, many thanks to our friend, Stacie for taking Brooke on for the days we were gone. The quick getaway was just what I needed to kick myself into gear and let the nesting begin. Only 10 more weeks. Yikes!!!!!!

3 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Okay you need to have Troy give Matt some tips on the Get-away ideas... that sounds DIVINE right now! Sun would be marvelous! I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left! Seems like it's flown by... funny because it hasn't flown by for MY pregnancy but for you it has. Is Brooke excited for a baby brother yet? She is stinkin cute.

Kay said...

I made the S'more Cookies, they were good, but did not flatten out like the picture showed. They had a clump of s'more in the middles of a chocolate chip cookie.

The mini vaca looked like fun!

Anonymous said...

Love Brookie's plumber pants.
I bet a lot of pregnant ladies would envy your trip. Wu mom.