

We've survived our first week by ourselves. Troy's mom and Grandma left last Saturday so we've spent this past week adjusting to being a family of four. Luckily, Troy took Monday and Tuesday off of work to help me out. I didn't think it was wise to just throw me into the pool all at once. Connor had his 10 day dr. appointment on Tuesday. At his 2 day appointment, he weighed 7 lbs. 4 oz. A week later he tipped the scales at 8 lbs. 6 oz. and that's even after he laid a load of pee and poo on the scale. The rest of the stats are:
Weight: 8 lbs. 6 oz. (50%)
Height: 20 3/4" (75%)
Head: 14" (50%)

His bilirubin count went down so he's starting to look less yellow. People have commented that Connor looks tan. I just attribute it to the extra red blood cells. Troy went to work Wednesday and Thursday but after I had taken a shower and gotten ready for the day. Friday I was all by myself and I have to say everything went off without a hitch. I was showered and ready to go by 8!!!! I even made to storytime Monday, Wednesday, and Friday on time too. Go me!!!!!
Connor has been great so far. All he does is eat, sleep, and poop.

We rarely see his eyes open but that makes for great sleeping at night. He can go up to 4 1/2 hours between feedings during the night so I don't feel like I'm missing too much sleep. He's also a great eater which means we're done within 20-30 minutes. Enough for me to catch a rerun of Friends then head back to bed.

The cats seems to tolerate having a new member in the family. They generally ignore Connor but the definitely enjoy having his blankets around to sleep on.

Squishy's still unsure about having Connor around but I think she'll warm up to him soon.

Brooke enjoys having Connor around too. She shows concern when he's upset and crying and is always ready and willing to give him his pacifier. The big thing Troy and I have noticed with adjusting to being a family of 4 is that Brooke is little more sensitive when she's doing something wrong. She doesn't flat out cry but her eyes will get really big and her bottom lip will start to quiver and if a tear were to fall, it would be a great, big crocodile tear. I think she's handled the change pretty well though.

One of Connor's favorite places to be is nestled in someone's arms.

We headed up to Jonathan's last night so he could meet his favorite, new nephew.

He made us a delicious dinner and Brooke enjoyed having some extra attention from Coco.

We like to teach our children young how to fold their arms. I think Connor does a pretty solid job.
In other news (as if you really want to know), Troy was released from his calling as Elder's Quorum President. If you recall, Troy was called to be the EQ president a week after Brooke was born. He probably would have been called to that position sooner (as in Sunday) if I had gone to church 3 days after having Brooke. He had kept that calling until the Sunday after Connor came. That Sunday afternoon the 2nd counselor in the bishopric came to meet us at home. I kind of thought it was just to see Connor but I had a fishy, fishy feeling that there was an ulterior motive. Well, I was right. Troy has a new calling...he's now the 2nd counselor in the Young Men's presidency. I'll be honest. I cried. Call me selfish but I don't want to give Troy up on a weekday. Anywho, I'm done crying and I think this calling will be good for all of us. I just think it's funny that every time we have a child, Troy gets himself a new calling. We've vowed that the next time we have a kid we're not saying anything to anyone. No one will notice, right?!?!?!?!
6 comments:
I love Connor's little tie, it's so cute!
I'm glad he's such a good sleeper. The twins were also like that--5 hours at a time since birth and about 20 minutes or so to eat in between. You're not even really tired during the day, it's just wonderful isn't it? This next little one has some big shoes to fill. We'll see!
Good luck with the new calling. Youth is quite a time commitment, but fun too. You can do it!
I like the "black power" picture right under the stats
Ahh gotta love working with those deacons.
Wow Connor is packing on the weight! I would be surprised if my Maylee is more then 8 lbs by now!
That is awesome he is all ready sleeping the long at night and is a fast eater. Sleep is a #1 priority in my book!
Glad Brooke is a doll with Connor too. I am SUPER impressed that you got to Story time on time. I am STILL late to everything! I need to start getting ready to go almost 20 minutes before walking out the door.
I am impressed you were on time too! I try so had, and only make it on time about 70% of the time still. One of these days...
Good luck with the new calling. You will do a great job. Plus Tracie you can blame the hormones for another month... See you weren't being selfish, it was the hormones!
I am happy you were upset with the new calling. I was way bummed when Chad got called to YM president. Now I know I'm not alone. Connor is way cute. I'm still waiting for him to hit my kids' birth weight. :) I hope you are continuing to do well.
Your kids are so dang cute!! I was thinking you were going to say Troy was called to the Bishopric. You might want to watch out about that for the next baby :)
Post a Comment