Monday, July 25, 2011

Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!!

Happy, happy birthday Brooke!!!!!This past week was spent gearing up for Brooke's big day yesterday. After picking up my dad from the airport, we all headed to Coco's (my cousin, Jonathan) place to swim and have dinner. Brooke loves spending time with Coco and I think the feeling is mutual.Jonathan got Brooke floaties and a tube for her birthday last year and she was ready to go to the pool once we got back from the airport. I haven't put her in swimming lessons yet but she is definitely not afraid of the water. She even went out with just her floaties. We're so glad to have Jonathan live so close to us and hopefully we can convince him that he wants to stay in CO after he's done with pharmacy school.Brooke has also been entertained by Gong Gong. She needed to make sure he was just as comfortable as she was.

She also aided in rescuing a baby bunny from our window well. Troy had been gone for a few days at Scout camp and the little guy had been stuck for a few days so I had my dad help get him out.To finish off the week, we began Brooke's birthday festivities Saturday since we have church at 8 am.I caved and bought Brooke her very first girly, girly doll (although I don't think Tinkerbell is quite as girly as some other dolls). I think Connor was a little jealous with all the present opening.We continued the celebration Sunday morning with balloons and a rush out the door to get to church on time.Coco came by in the afternoon and indulged Brooke a little more.To kick off the end of the day, we had a wonderfully delicious dinner courtesy of my mom and cake and ice cream with friends.
Brooke is a fantastic girl and we love having her in our family.

4 comments:

Kay said...

Haha! The 5th picture is my favorite!

Happy Birthday Brooke!

Kristin said...

It sounds like it was a great day! Will just sent out her birthday present. It is very girly though, enjoy :P

Kali said...

Can you please come visit me so I can take pictures of your beautiful children??? It would be so fun.

Kenz said...

Happy Bday Brooke!!! You are beautiful- inside and out!