Monday, July 11, 2011

Man-made and natural fireworks

After the big fireworks last Saturday, Brooke was a little more excited for the sparklers we did on July 4th.

You can tell that we almost forgot to do them until it was bedtime...

After Brooke went down, Connor settled in for a high brow fireworks display over the nation's capitol.

Partially to help her appreciate how close she is to turning 3 and partially as an incentive to be good during the day, we made Brooke a paper chain to count down to her birthday.

Tummy time.

This came in the mail the other day, and she was so excited to get her own 'magazine'. She's been looking at it every day. Hope you enjoy the catalog Brooke, because that is the closest you are getting.

We visited Robyn and Aaron yesterday and this cloud formation was sitting outside of downtown Denver. It was crazy. I've never seen anything like it.

In case you're wondering, we drove right through that, and it was every bit as nasty as it looks. I think Tracie's water post last week invited the rain this week. A lot of rain. Denver has gotten 4 inches of rain so far in July, most in the last week. Good for the grass.

Connor and London are only 5 weeks apart, but Connor is a touch bit bigger.

Never to early to start working on your moves...

Atta boy!

Brooke and Taylor are great big sisters, but you've got to be quick on the camera.

7 comments:

Kay said...

Is Connor really that big? Wahoo, can you say LB!!!

Kay said...

After I typed that I wondered if Tracie will even get my comment! ;)

Kristin said...

Jason and Sierra were the same way wiht the sparklers and fire works. They were super excited to do them again on Monday. Plus we did a few of the morters. They didn't mind the big bangs :)

Will said...

I'd like to think the commentary continued and that the final picture was his reaction from being taken away from his true love.

tracie said...

It took me a sec but I figured out what LB was...linebacker. Do I get brownie points for knowing????

Ware Family said...

Oh my goodness, how big is Connor?? And I thought Easton was big having gained a pound and a half over birthweight at his 2 week visit!

Bacchus Family said...

Charles does the same thing with ads. He thinks they are magazines and looks at them over and over again and tells us what he likes.