So I think we can officially welcome Fall to Colorado. The leaves have been changing colors these past few weeks and it's gorgeous to look at. Along with the leaves changing colors we were able to make our last harvest of the season. We are (finally) done with our zucchini and yellow squash. We got a ton of tomatoes and have a handful of pumpkins. The big surprise was the last of the carrots. Not sure how we grew such a giant but man oh man I think it could win a contest!
Luckily we had been watching the weather so we knew that snow was in the forecast at the end of the week. Saturday morning we woke up to snow. It was great snow for Brooke and Troy to go out and play.
Troy thought he would teach Brooke the art of collecting snowflakes in the mouth.
Building a snowman. We used one of our carrots for the nose and a cucumber for the mouth.
Meanwhile, with all the playing going on outside in the snow Connor and I decided to stay indoors. He has taken a great liking to his jumper and his bottom lip. What a multitasker!!
Like all weather in CO, it only lasts for a short while. By late afternoon the sun had come out and our poor snowman did not last long.
Today, the snow has all melted except for a little mound where Mr. Snowman used to be. By the end of the week we'll be back up in the mid 70s. Gotta love Colorado!!!!
4 comments:
That's funny. I thought that carrot was fake! Fun to see the snowman get SMALL, SMAll, small.
I also thought it was a play carrot till I read the caption to go with it. Why does summer have to end with snow?!! Same thing happened here, but the snow was only higher up!
I actually thought that was a toy carrot. Man that thing is huge!
Note that it was also windy, which is why our bench is right next to the BBQ.
Post a Comment