Sunday, January 01, 2012

One White Christmas

The week leading in Christmas reassured us that we were in the winter season.  Monday night we were welcomed with 6 inches of snow followed by another foot Wednesday.
Luckily the kids didn't mind staying indoors and kept each other entertained.
Connor has become quite the crawler these days and the best way to keep him put is to block him in.
As you can tell, he's already looking for a way out and has already begun pulling himself up.  I know that I'm totally in for it having a boy!
Christmas eve, Brooke and Connor were able to open their Christmas eve presents.  Brooke has become quite the expert present unwrapper.
She has become very fond of her new Tinkerbell pjs and I think she's worn them at least 4 times within the week.  I'm sure if we let her, she'd wear them everyday everywhere.
Christmas morning was a bit of a change up since we have church at 8.  We were hoping to slip out before unwrapping presents but Brooke found her new couch hidden underneath a blanket.  Don't Brooke and Connor look so snazzy in their Christmas gettup?
First family pic in front of the tree.  (If you look closely, you'll notice that there aren't any ornaments below our head level due to the rearranging of ornaments by Brooke and trying to keep them out of reach of Squishy)
Who cares about changing out of church clothes!  Let's get to the presents.
Brooke and Connor scored by getting a train set.  Troy and I will score when the basement is completed and the train set is moved down there.
Brooke was a fan of her new couch and wanted to break it in.
After presents at home we flew to UT to spend the rest of the holidays with both sides of the family.  Brooke loved spending time with her grandparents and cousins.
Connor did too.  So much so that he fell asleep sitting. 
Does that remind you of this picture of Brooke...
Brooke was spoiled with all the fun she had with her cousins.  She went to Kangaroo Zoo with Jason, Sierra, and Elena.
Followed the next day with a trip to Lows Airsport something or other.
The last day we were there I got to meet up with some good friends from my childhood.  I think we've been friends for at least 18 years+.  Kind of crazy to see how much we've all grown up.
We celebrated the new year by heading to our friends, the Cowans.  They were so nice to set up a pinata for the kids although Brooke didn't seem to be a fan.
She was perfectly content to plant herself on Stacie's lap and watch.
In looking back at 2011 we have had a wonderful year.  We can't wait to see what 2012 will bring us.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Jason: I love you.
Sierra: I really love you.
Will: I think I love the bottom picture best.
Kristin: What a great trip. I am glad that you guys were able to come a visit even if I was not there half the time :)

Bacchus Family said...

I love the pic of Brooke and grandpa. Love it.