Tuesday, April 22, 2014

One Month Down

 We've survived our first month!!!!  I don't know where it went but we survived!!!
I guess it helps that we always had something to look forward to.  Troy's mom was here our first week.  The following week we were on our own but I knew that there would be help the following 2 weeks.
Troy took paternity week then my parents came.  Now we're officially on our own.  Our first 3 days have gone pretty smoothly.  Troy may say differently but I think they've been pretty good.  Dylan is a pretty good and content baby.  He only fusses when he's hungry or has a wet diaper.  Not too shabby.  He's awake a lot more than Connor was.  I'm still surprised at how often I see his eyes and how often they're open.  He is like clockwork when it comes to feeding.  During the day it's every 3 hours and he's on top of that.  Luckily he stretches a little longer than that during the nights.  His last night feeding is usually somewhere close to 10:00 then he eats again around 2ish and then, with Troy's help, we stretch him to 7:00.
Brooke and Connor have done pretty well.  I think Brooke has taken it a little harder than Connor or maybe it's because she's more verbal about it.  Although we've had a handful of meltdowns she has been an awesome helper.  Before Dylan was born, she mentioned that anytime the baby cried, she would be there to help...morning and night.  I have yet to see help during the night feedings but she has been a great big sister.  Brooke tends to gravitate to wherever Dylan may be.  Anytime he's chilling on his playmat or in his bouncer she's pretty close by.  It's sweet.  Connor is starting to step up to his big brother duties as well.  Although he's not quite as gentle when it comes to giving Dylan his pacifier.  I'm excited to see how their relationships will grow as they all get older.     
Troy has been a huge, HUGE help and support.  I don't know what I would do without him.  Well, maybe I do.  I'd be a wreck and I most certainly wouldn't have the 3 cutest kids!  :)  It's been a whirlwind of a month but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

No comments: