Monday, August 13, 2007

Happy Anniversary to Us!!!








This last weekend we celebrated our 3rd anniversary or our 36 month-iversary (we like to tease Robyn). Troy planned our getaway this year to the exotic destination of Colorado Springs. We left Saturday morning after eating a wonderful breakfast of McDonald's yogurt parfaits. They are the best yogurt parfaits around. We drove up to Pike's Peak late morning and it was a spectacular drive all the way up. Troy was smart in heading up there in the late morning because by the time we left, the clouds started rolling in. While on the drive we saw a mule deer and I saw a pica (think of a miniature chipmunk). When we
made it to the top, we had a picnic lunch and walked around for a bit. Then we headed back down. We went to an Italian place for dinner called Biaggi's. It was pretty good. I especially liked the shopping center it was in. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt that night. It was so nice to sleep in and have drapes that actually block out the sun so we could sleep in. We had breakfast at IHOP then made our way home. Sunday was the day for activities when we got home. Our next door neighbor was having a stamp party that I thought I would pop my head in to see what it's all about. A lot of cute stuff but since I am really not creative, I think I'll let my neighbor think up all the projects to do then copy her. Afterwards, Robyn's family came over for dinner which was scrumpdiliumpcious then our neighbor across the way was having a BBQ. I really like living in a culd-de-sac and I really like all of our neighbors. We tried to see the meteor shower last night but were out of luck. So, all in all it was a wonderful weekend and we can't believe that it's been 3 years already. Where does the time go?!?!?!?!(Maybe one of these days, one of your readers will get this card)

10 comments:

Bacchus Family said...

Congrats! Three years is a big deal. I hope you guys are still having fun being married.

Taylor said...

Hey no snow, i like it and you guys weren't in tank tops and sandals. hope you had fun

Elise and Lane said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I think our 3rd year will be our best yet, and i'm sure it'll be the same for you and Troy!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures - they practically looked green-screened!

Kristin said...

Dang you had a better anniversary then we have had in a long time. This year I was way sick and the last I did yard work with my mom. I can't believe where the time goes. Happy 3rd!

Mickie and Matt said...

Happy 3rd! Wow... Thats awesome! I remember before Tracy even knew you Troy...

Anonymous said...

Was that THE Grand Hyatt?? What a fun weekend for you guys. I can't believe it's been three years!!! Can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

Sound like you two had a great getaway. Dad and i were at Pike peak last year. We saw a herd of elks. Dad fed some birds.
That's a pretty card.

Jenna said...

Happy Anniversary!! Looks like a fun day. Great job on the planning Troy!

joanna wilde said...

Congratulations! Looks like you had a fun trip. It's gorgeous out there!