Happy Birthday to Me. I will gladly admit that I was not looking forward to turning 25 years old this year. I had a hard enough time turning 24 last year but for some reason I'm okay with it. My only complaint thus far is that I'm now part of a new demographic which does make me feel old. I had a wonderful birthday. Troy said that he was going to make me breakfast Friday morning but the idea of pouring cereal and milk for me at 5:45 in the morning and letting it sit for an hour did not appeal to me. It was a good idea. I got to work and found that the girls had gotten me a houseplant which is quite beautiful. Now if only Lexie will behave and not eat all the petals. Troy got me a game system that plays both Nintendo and Super Nintendo games.
He also got me Super Mario Kart but it hasn't arrived yet. Brett and Taylor, all I have to say is bring it on!!!!!! After work, I came home to a clean house and Troy making my birthday cupcakes. I opted for cupcakes because you can only make 24 with a box. Troy made dinner for me which was fantastic. He made steak, roasted potatoes, and roasted asparagus. It was all delicious. Who needs a fancy schmancy steak house when I have Troy. Robyn and Aaron had dinner with us also. We then had a night of game playing. We taught Robyn and Aaron how to play mah jong. I think they were more interested in stacking the tiles.
Saturday was a busy day for us. I wanted to do a little shopping at the outlet stores. We ended up buying a sandwich maker and a soup pot. That was the best deal of the day. Regular price was $225.00 but they had a sign for $99.99. Apparently one of the employees was supposed to take the sign down the night before but forgot. The cashier did the math to give us the discount but ended up doing it wrong and rang it up as $80.
I told her that the sign said $99.99 but she said not to worry about it. We ended up buying the pot for 63% off. How great is that?! After a little bit of shopping, we went and had dim sum. It's definitely not like Hong Kong but it's the best we have out here.
Then we took a drive into the mountains to look at the fall folliage.
I think this will have to be an annual trip for us. It is absolutely gorgeous. I love fall. We're starting to get the feel of fall down here. The mornings and evenings have a little bit of a chill and I love the crispness of the air.
Anywho, thank you to all for your birthday wishes. It made turning a quarter of a century old a little bit easier. :)
7 comments:
Wow, sweet birthday. Great pictures to boot.
What a cool gaming system!
if the skills backfire from crash team racing i don't think i have anything to worry about ha ha
Wish we could be there to help you celebrate. You two looked wonderful in the pictures; outshone the beautiful scenery. Glad you had a great birthday.
Happy Birthday! It sounds like it was wonderful. Thanks for sharing the pics- the leaves don't change color here... we are having serious withdrawals
It looks like your birthday was amazing! You and Troy are a beautiful couple. And that gaming system looks like it rocks!
Wow - what a gorgeous part of the country you live in! I'll bet fall will be awesome. Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment