to Grandmother's house we go. Okay, so maybe we didn't go to Grandma's house but they came to us!!!! Grandpa and Grandm Burt came to vistit us this past weekend. They arrived Friday evening and we were able to go out to dinner. We went to a place called the Old Stone Church Restaurant. The place was pretty cool looking. We sat in the choir loft. Dinner was fabulous. Afterwards we pretty much just crashed. Saturday we took them to Downtown Denver. We ate at Pat's Philly Cheesesteaks and was able to participate in a Penn State hoopla. It was pretty fun. Afterwards we made our way to the outlet shops in Castle Rock. We had fun meandering through the stores and buying a caramel apple from the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. It was very tasty. Then we made our way home and watched the BYU vs. Tulsa game.
Although it did not end in our favor, I thought it was an okay game. Sunday, we went to church and then played games for the rest of the day. Have I ever mentioned how much I love games. Grandma and Grandpa taught us how to play Tippie Canasta. That's a really fun game. Too bad you always need to have 4 players. All in all we had a fabulous weekend with the. THANK YOU GRANDMA AND GRANDPA.
And on a side note...we have finally been harvest a crop. We're farmers!!!
For some reason, Lexie really, really likes to eat the ends of green beans. What a weird cat.
8 comments:
Yummy. We don't have a garden as that would require a yard, but I've been enjoying produce out of my mom's garden and from the farmers markets. Nothing like homegrown. Congrats on your new crop!
We love games, too! However, when Brian and I play by ourselves we tend to get a bit competitive so we're always super excited when we have people over to play with!
Those were some good looking veggies.
Your cat is weird.
Needing 4 players never stopped Will. LOL
Hey, I'll have you know that playing Monopoly and Scrabble took a lot of imagination.
What a load of crud... I cant believe we lost that game! Oh hey guys, hows it going? Long time. Im glad to see things are going well! Troy, remember watching our white and blue (walking even to those games) and seeing them struggle... Reminded me of one of those. We will rebound, and down the flyboys this weekend! Go cougs! Talk to you soon!
Tracie-Don't you have a birthday coming up.... ?
Wow! Look at those fabulous green beans and tomatoes. I am sure they tasted just as good as they look. Nothing beat fresh vegetables. Can't wait to try some next time we come to Castle Rock.How wonderful for Grams to come visit. Next time you see them, say hi to them for us.
Post a Comment