Sunday, November 16, 2008

Flakes, Falcons, Fighter Jets and Football

On Thursday I left for South Carolina for a business trip, leaving Brooke and Tracie to enjoy the first snow of the season. Tracie reports that we received 2-3 inches down here, and she even made sure it stuck around so I could see it when I got back on Friday night.
The big event of the weekend was the BYU - Air Force football game on Saturday. We ended up with a group of 11 that went down with us. We dropped Brooke off at Jenni's house, our next door neighboor, so that she could get her "baby fix". We headed down early to take part in the BYU Alumni Tailgate party. The food was good, and despite the fact it snowed the day before, it was pretty nice in the sun.


Our seats were a few rows from the top on the southwest side of the stadium. It was cool to see the parachuters land before the game, and the flyover was awesome. Had we given it some forethought, we would have video taped it. I guess you'll just have to make jet sounds when you look at the picture. :)








As you can tell, we fell into the shadow of the stadium by about halftime. With out the sun, it was a wee bit cooler. Luckily all the rising and shouting in the second half, and some well-worth-it hot chocolate got us through to the end of the game. The Cougars pulled out the victory and are now poised to ruin the Utes undefeated record!



Today, Brooke looked cute at church. According to Tracie, she is quite popular, and gets lots of looks for her smiles, or even an occasional loud belch! After choir practice this afternoon (Tracie is the accompanist) she got passed around to all the ladies. She usually rewards them for their attention with alert eyes and a bright smile.

9 comments:

Kenz said...

Looks cold, but cozy! Thanks for doing your part to cheer on the cougs to victory. We weren't too sure going into the half. Wish you could pass Brooke right over here!

Will said...

That baby's a-changin' fast. Glad y'all had a fun weekend.

Kristin said...

Man am I glad that we won. I was worried for a bit there. I am glad that you guys were able to go to one game this season!

Jenna said...

Glad you guys had fun at the game. The pic of you and Robyn reminds me of the old days when we would go to every game. Miss you guys!

Jenna said...

You guys sure picked a good game to go to. I'm sure it was better than the Air Force game we went to 2 years ago too. Brooke is getting so big!

Troy said...

The slobber bubble on the last picture looks even cooler when you enlarge the picture!

Ware Family said...

This post makes me very COLD, but Brooke sure is cute.

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to spend time with friends. Brookie is too cute. I agree, wish you could pass hr over here.

ashley g. said...

How could you not LOVE this baby? And really- who doesn't love baby smiles and belches. I bet it is awesome to have a neighbor that loves babies- enjoy that and go out more often!

Come on' Cougs- we're counting on you this weekend!