Monday, November 24, 2008

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble

Last week seemed like a somewhat busy week. I had Activity Day with the 10-11 year old girls. It was a lot of fun. I helped them make Thanksgiving Turkeys. It took forever to get all of the supplies and assemble the bodies but I think the girls really enjoyed it. Saturday, we ran some errands in the afternoon, watched the BYU vs. Utah game (Boo), Starlighting festival, saw Santa, and went to the and went to a friend's 30th birthday party. Are we really getting that old? I guess Troy's 2 years shy of turning the big 3-0. :) Brooke did great with Santa. I figured that this would be the only time in the next few years that we'll be able to get a picture of her with Santa without her crying.
She's really not crying in that picture. It just took forever to try to get her to smile so I just took the picture.
Brooke had her 4 month check up today. I can't believe she's already 4 months. In the last month, she has started babbling more and more especially in the mornings I can hear her talking in her crib. She also loves to sing along with you. She still loves her crab and also loves to yank out her pacifier even when she doesn't want to. She still won't roll over completely but she can rotate in a circle on her back. It's kind of funny. The other night I found her in her crib perpendicular to how she started. Silly girl. She loves loves her fingers and she has just found her thumb. Uh oh. Not sure what to do there since I can't always take it out. Hopefully it's just a phase. :) Here are her stats:
Weight: 12 lbs. 13 1/2 oz. (25-50%)
Head: 16 1/4 in. (50%)
Height: 25 in. (75-90%)
I'm not sure where her height came from but I'm not going to complain. The doctor gave her the go ahead on rice cereal so we'll be giving it a try tonight. I'm excited to see how she'll do.

Brand spankin' new 1 month
2 months
3 months
4 months - You can check out pics of her and Santa. :)

Anywho, I know both Troy and I are excited to see family this week. But I have a feeling the the grandparents are more excited to see us. Oh wait, I mean Brooke. :) Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Gobble, Gobble!!!!!!

8 comments:

Troy said...

She's almost as tall as Taylor!!!

Anonymous said...

That one hit deep. That one hit deep. ha ha

netcampbell said...

Brook is so cute!, Tracy. I didn't know that you have the same calling again. I'm still doing the activity day. Do you remember Amber Stantly? She just left fro young women. Her mom is very active now. She comes to church every week!

Kristin said...

I can't tell you how excited Will is to see Brooke too ;) Oh good I can teach her to hold her own bottle... Will do you plan on feeding her the whole time? What a funny guy.

Will said...

No, I can teach her to fish, but that's it. Mom will be so happy to feed her rice cereal . . .

Bacchus Family said...

I like the turkey craft thing, you can make me one please. And I think that Santa should not be flying the sleigh anymore. I don't think he can see much with those glasses. Happy Thanksgiving!

Robyn & Aaron said...

Impressive that Brooke did so well with the Santa...you're probably right that it will be the last time for a while. Hope you have fun on your vacation!!

Jyll said...

Hey watch it with the age thing! Didn't you know 30's is the new 20's? Happy 4 months Brooke. Curren is over 16lbs, wow!