Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Funny story that has to do with this:
Brooke has been sick the past couple of days which means that there has been a lot of clinginess and melt downs. Well this morning, around 11 which is her normal time to tinkle, I put her on the pot and tried to get her to go. She would not have any of it and proceeded to lean towards me and off the toilet. I caught her before she could fall. She just stood there crying into my shoulder. Anywho, I was thinking to myself that I should maybe try to get her back on the toilet or put her diaper on since 11:00 is usually around the time she pees. Well, I didn't get the diaper on fast enough nor did I get her back on the toilet before I felt a warm sensation cover my left leg. Mind you, I just finished showering and getting dressed for the day. This wasn't her somewhat usual drip, drip. No this is a kid's version of the Niagara Falls. It was wonderful. Ahh the joys of motherhood.

6 comments:

Kali said...

haha can't wait for this stage;)

Grandma Ware said...

Ah, the joys of potty training! Is Brooke feeling better at all today?

Ware Family said...

With Jackson, the first little while, I put a pull up on him when he was sick because I learned quickly that the potty is the furthest thing from their minds when they're not feeling good. I've been lucky with the girls though, they haven't been sick for about a YEAR, so I didn't have that problem with them. Knock on wood! RSV season isn't over yet.

tracie said...

Brooke actually has roseola. Started on Sunday with a fever and it just got higher. Monday night she was at 105.2. Fever went down the next morning and finally broke yesterday. Now she's got a nice rash covering her body. Poor girl. Potty training is definitely on the back burner until we can get this sickness done and over with.

Ware Family said...

Oh my gosh, poor little lady! That is one high fever, scary! I'm glad it's gone now.
Hopefully things settle down and you get get back on the potty train soon :)

Aaron said...

Poor thing..that is scary! But...the story is still funny!!! Sorry Trac.