I did it!!!! I ran my first half marathon and I've got to say that it may not be my last. We left Friday morning as it was dumping snow in Denver. By the time we hit Vail, the snow decided to stop and the weather lightened up. We met up with the gals in Moab for dinner and psyched ourselves up for the race by gorging ourselves with a good pasta dinner.
We met early the next morning and waited around for 2 hours until the race started. The scenery along the course was beautiful and the weather was perfect. My official time was 2:16:25. My goal was to get under 2:25 and I made it. I'm so proud of myself and I'm looking forward to a nice break from running.
Can you find me?
I think all the girls that participated met their goals and hopefully I'll be able to convince them to do another one in the future. :)
The car ride home was pretty eventful. Brooke was a trooper for being in the car seat for 14 hours in a two day span. My parents were troopers as well for sharing the back seat with her. 
Thanks mom and dad and mom and dad Ware for coming out and rooting for me!!!!!
13 comments:
Congrats on finishing!
AWESOME!! It's nice to know you can do hard things! Now go tackle the next challenge! Congrats!
Great job! I'm so glad to hear you want to do another one! When I'm in the thick of it (like on Saturday), I think "I'm never doing this again." But, by Sunday, I always feel differently. :)
Way to go!!! That is something I've always wanted to do, but I don't know if I ever will due to really bad knees. I love hearing about other people's experiences. That is so awesome!
Great job!! Brooke's welcome to come over any time you want to run!
Nice work! I agree that's a good sign you want to do another one. You must have trained well!
Good job sister! I'm so proud of you! You did train well, we'll see if I say the same thing when I run mine in a couple weeks?!
GREAT JOB TRACIE!! You're so awesome!! Aren't those races the best??!! I'm itchin to start training for another one...now I just need to pick one and go for it. I'm so proud of you girl!!
Tandi
Fantastic job! And what a great-lookin' runnin' crew from Castle Rock!
Woohoo!!! I am sooo proud of you. Don't you feel like you can conquer the world now? (If you don't, you should. Start now.) And what an awesome time!
Congratulations and happy running to you!
Way to go! Don't you just love it when you exceed your goal? I just might be up for trying a 1/2 the next time you do one.
I can't believe Erin totally took my comment. But here it is again. Congrats and if you want to do another you must have trained well. Because I was done after I did one. I think it is because I have attention problems because I got bored of running. It is crazy how much of long-distance running is mental. Enjoy your break from running!
Way to go tracie! I might be with Tracy on doing another one as well. I have done two and I think I'm done. But way to go!!! I am very proud of you! Don't take too long of a break because then you might become like me..I haven't run since right before I got pregnant! But seeing you, Robyn and Leilani mention running recently makes me want to get back into it. Once again, great accomplishment!
Post a Comment