Monday, April 19, 2010

A Work In Progress

Since the weather has been getting nicer, we have decided to do some work in the backyard. We, meaning we hired someone to do it and they have done a far better job than we could of done. When all is said and done we'll have a retaining wall at the bottom of the yard and the second terrace will be better looking. I'm really excited about it and I think I'll finally be content with everything.In other news, I don't know if I ever mentioned that I've started teaching piano again. Well, I have and some may wonder what Brooke does while I teach. I usually turn a "moomie" on in hopes to keep her away from the piano. Most times it works, other times it doesn't. Well, last Tuesday, I thought the movie was keeping her entertained but when Troy downloaded the pics from the last week, we found this:Plus another 30. I'm actually impressed that she could get the camera to focus as well as she did.

Another thing that helped me realize that my little girl growing up is that she can do puzzles. The puzzle you see below had been put away for a while because I thought it would be too difficult for Brooke to do. Apparently it isn't. I don't know if Brooke has a photogenic memory or what but she completely blew me away when she started putting the puzzle back together again.

Brooke has also been working on her artistic skills. She was upset that it didn't turn out the way she liked.Lastly, just wanted to mention that Uncle/cousin Jonathan came to visit over the weekend. Since it's a mouthful to get Brooke to say Uncle Jonathan, we have had her call him Coco. She absolutely loves him and all the entertainment he provides. The next morning, as we were coming down the stairs, she said, "Coco?"

5 comments:

Kenz said...

Hooray for touch up paint! Who can get mad at that face???

Mickie and Matt said...

Wha? You teach piano? I wish I lived closer... I would LOVE to learn the piano. :)

That Brooke is growing up so fast! Darling as ever.

Will said...

That's a clever girl, that one is.

Ware Family said...

Did I mention I'm DONE teaching at the end of this school year? Thanks for replacing me in the realm of piano teachers. I hope you like it as much as I do!

Cute Brookie. Looks like she is as much of an artist as Jackson. I don't have any problem with the twins drawing on the walls, just Jackson!!

Rachel said...

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser will get the crayon off the wall if it is crayon.