Monday, April 05, 2010

Spring is here!!!!!

I don't really remember much of what we did last week but I do remember that we had a day where we hit 80. I believe we may have even beat the record for that day. Brooke and I got to celebrate the fabulous day by meeting Troy up for lunch downtown and having a small BBQ that night. April Fool's Day came and went with not much pranking...except I did get Troy by short sheeting the bed. I almost gave it away but he still fell for it when he crawled into bed at 10:30 that night. Saturday was a fun and eventful day. We started out by watching conference in the morning. This is how Brooke kept herself entertained while we watched.
That afternoon, our community hosted An Eggstravaganza and Brooke got to participate in her first Easter Egg Hunt. I remembered to bring the camera but forgot to put the memory card so no pictures. Just imagine Brooke jumping the gun and stepping over the rope and grabbing the very first egg. Afterwards, we came home and put Brooke down for a nap and watched the second session. When she got up it was time to party some more. My neighbor's little boy was having a birthday party at a place called Jumpin It Up. It's a place where there's a bunch of inflatable slides and bouncy houses. I wasn't sure how Brooke would do but she absolutely loved it. Can't you tell by the look on her face?!?!
She really did love going down the slide...just on her stomach instead of face forwad. She did so well playing with the kids and even got to sit at the kid table and eat pizza and cake by herself. What a big, little girl!!!
Sunday we awoke to Easter Eggs everywhere. Okay, maybe not everywhere but 15 eggs easily visible/hidden eggs. Brooke loved taking her basket around and finding all the eggs. Lexie even participated by hiding the last egg under the couch!!!!. We spent the rest of the day dying eggs and chilling together as a family. It was a wonderful and relaxing weekend.
Just wanted to add a cute pic (not of me but of my little girl looking grown up)
But not acting grown up. :)

4 comments:

Kenz said...

Cute apron! She looks very grown up in that picture with you and I must say something about her face in that picture reminds me of her Grandma Wu.

Kristin said...

Cute Dyed Eggs!

Natalie said...

That IS a cute picture of Brooke. And, your eggs are amazing!

Lilianne said...

She is the cutest little lady I have ever seen! Seriously, what a doll! And cute apron!