Sunday, July 15, 2007

Cirque

Yesterday we went with Aaron and Robyn to Cirque du Soleil. The show was called Corteo and took place in a tent set up in the parking lot of the Pepsi Center. The story is about a clown's funeral. I don't know if I really followed the story, but the acts were cool. It was very gymnastic, and included girls swinging around on chandaliers, guys jumping on beds that were like trampolines, and a guy that did hand stands on ladders. (The acts are hard to describe, but suffice it to say, numerous times I vocally said "Wow" with what they did.) The music is very catchy and we have been singing it since yesterday, especially when we do some cool trick!
Here is the picture from inside. None of the performance since it was "strictly forbidden."

We got home last night and joined the rest of our cul-de-sac in having a block party. The BBQ started around 3, and we got there at about 7. We just hung out in our neighbor's yard, and got to know everyone better. It was a lot of fun, and we are grateful that we have cool neighbors that are all pretty social. I think it might happen again at the end of the summer.

We are now counting down the days until we can mow the lawn, which will be next week sometime.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I started having a neighborhood BBQ about 5 years ago. It's good for the neighborhood.

I love my pretty green lawn! (with a few weeds)

Jenna said...

How fun! I'm jealous! I've always wanted to see a Cirque du Soleil show.

Anonymous said...

Did the Cirque feature a lot of tights, by chance? Just curious.

Anonymous said...

Shane, We got some closeups for you. The 8 x 10s are in the mail as we speak!

Anonymous said...

you want to mow lawns? Come our way. I'm kidding. I bet it is exciting, just like watching a vegetable garden grow.

Anonymous said...

Hi Troy and Tracie. This is Carrie from the Elms (previously Carrie Gossling)... so I don't want to be a blog stalker or anything so I just wanted to say hi and let you know that I have stopped by to read your blog on occasion! And honestly, I have no idea how I got your blog address, I don't even remember. Maybe someone from the ward passed the address on to me a while back and I've added it to my weekly blog digest list.

Glad ya'll are doing well! Good luck with growing things in that yard of yours. :)