Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sickly...

If only I had a camera on me this morning. Apparently Troy ate something yesterday that did not sit well with him. This morning he looked whiter than a ghost but thankfully there was no puke-age. But that did leave me to go to church all by myself and teach our primary class. Luckily there were only 4 kids today instead of 11! The funny thing is is that Troy and I ate the same things yesterday so I guess I have a tougher gut than he does. This past week has been pretty uneventful. The weather has been getting warmer but not unbearable. We do appreciate being at a higher elevation than Denver so our evenings are pretty cool. For those of you who don't know, I changed jobs back in March and now work for my dentist. The opportunity came at the right time and I decided to take it. Right now, I'm working the front desk and handling all insurance stuff and scheduling appointments. Troy's so excited that we can talk insurance stuff now! Once the gal that I'm covering for comes back from maternity leave, I'll be transitioning to a dental assistant position. I actually had my first taste this past week and it's not as bad as I thought it would be. I even got to take a impression of my mouth and make a model. I do have to say that I have some pretty good looking teeth! Anywho, from now until late August will be a whirlwind of fun. We have some old college friends coming in this weekend (are we really old enough to say that?!?!?!?! I thought my parents could only say that), the weekend after mom wu is coming to visit and hopefully dad wu will come along. The next weekend is our anniversary, not sure what Troy has up his sleeve but I'm sure it'll be fun. And then finally, the weekend after that is our beloved Jenna-bean's wedding! We cannot wait and we're excited.
This is Lexie discovering the air conditioning for the first time. I don't know if she knows what to think of it yet.
These are our green beans that we planted last weekend. They are finally starting to sprout. the other picture is of our strawberries that we were once dead but decided to come back to life. Just disregard the brown things.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah, my 10 yr high school reunion is passing me by. That definitely qualifies me to have "old college friends".

Anonymous said...

Oh brother, neither of you have old college friends!!!

Are those plants growing out of that dry dusty dirt? :0

Kristin said...

You have a lot greener thumb then I do. I kill every plant. Will tells me that I just need to water things. Plants don't need water, what is he talking about.

Anonymous said...

What Troy would do to get out of church! I hope he is feeling better.
Those sprouts are looking quite good. It is exciting. Guess what? It actually rained here this morning, too bad just enough to wet the concrete,

daveandbri said...

Welcome to the dental family... You'll have to start making some dental connections so the butler clan can move out that way. What's the Louisville area like?

Jenna said...

I've always wanted a garden. How fun!

daveandbri said...

Blogger needs to have a better way of leaving general messages to people. That's about all I knew from Google Maps and Wikipedia. Do you know if North Denver is a nice area, scary, boring?

Elise and Lane said...

I want to go back to Simi but my dr. thinks that with my due date dec. 29th it may be too close to be traveling at Christmas. But I might make it out to SLC over conference in Oct. Wed we find out if it's a boy or girl!!!

Anonymous said...

Lessons learned: we learned the hard way the strawberries come in full the following year! We pulled ours up at the end of the season because they were dead, and didn't produce any fruit...only to find out that they don't produce fruit the first year. Dang.