Sunday, July 01, 2007

Living in Colorado

So for every negative thing about living in Colorado (13 inches of snow at the end of April) , there are 10 positive things that more than make up for it. This is one of them. We have beautiful views of the sunset now, especially from the top of the stairs and Robyn's room. The temperatures have also been relatively mild a couple of days this week, and at least down here in Castle Rock it cools off pretty well at night. Since we are out of the house most days, opening the windows at night and in the morning keeps the house cool enough that we don't use the AC that often. (Which is a good thing since we our watering our grass every day!)
Shane was in town for a "team-building" extravaganza and had a few hours on Wednesday before the big kickoff, so I brought him to see the house and yard. It was good seeing him and we appreciated the sleep-over offer. We cleaned all of the house on Saturday, and I think Lexie approved of our job on the stove.

Lastly, we will keep everyone updated on the grass. This is the front yard, which almost looks full. You will probably continue to see pictures of the front yard until the seed takes on some of the patches in the back.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right. The view is magnificient! By the time I came, I bet your front lawn would be all filled up. I can't wait. Lexie seems to be able to find the darnest place to rest. I remember she was up at the top of the kitchen cabinet. Funny cat!

Kristin said...

Dang that power bill must be so low, I am jelous!

tracie said...

Low power bill, high water bill

Anonymous said...

Well...sorry to say, but I'm still glad I live in Oregon! But it was a pretty sunset.