Sunday, July 29, 2007

Full House

This weekend we did another "stress test" on our hosting capabilities. Our friends Spencer and Mardee and their one year old daughter Cadence were out visiting from San Francisco, and Robyn had two of her old roommates, Tracy and Emily out visiting as well. We survived the massive rain storm Friday night by hunkering down at the Cheesecake Factory. On Saturday we headed down to the Garden of the Gods in Colorado Springs. It was a lot of fun, and the views were gorgeous. Cadence got a lot of attention, and especially liked the lady with the big black dog. (Unfortunately Cadence grew bored just as we pulled out the camera!)
Before we could go out and play we had to do our chores, so Tracie watered the garden and found our massive cherry tomato growing.
I got to move to the next level of manhood by mowing our grass. (Actually it was more like cutting down weeds, but quite manly nonetheless.)
Another picture from the Garden of the Gods. Spencer and Mardee were a lot of fun to have out here, and even more so it is nice to have friends in San Francisco that now owe us a favor! :)


Lexie has a new game, which consists of me throwing things up at her while she lounges on the balcony. She actually has pretty good hands (paws?) and will catch it with her claws.

8 comments:

Elise and Lane said...

I really wanted to go to Garden of the Gods when Lane and I were there, but we ended up doing Pikes Peak instead... maybe next time. Oh, and Lane is still really anxious to get back to Colorado. He's talking with a company about a possible job in Denver, but i'm not really sure how serious it is. We'll keep you guys posted though!

Anonymous said...

I still think that cat's crazy. I wonder what it was thinking the first time it went up there. I'm just going to jump up there and hope there's space to land. What if there wasn't? Would she just have landed on the floor below?

Anonymous said...

She had actually seen the Blueprints since we left them out before we moved in, so I'm sure she was confident that there would be enough space!

Kristin said...

Dang, that tomato is HUGE!!

Anonymous said...

My! What kind of seeds that were mixed in with your grass seeds. Godness those plants (weeds) grow so tall.
Yesterday I tasted some really sweet home grown cherry tomatoes from cousin Eddy's garden. I know you'll enjoy your harvest in a few weeks.
Great pictures of Garden of Gods. Dad and I have been there. We saw a deer.

Jenna said...

Can't wait to see you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracie, Becky has a blog now too, it's: strongofamily.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Is pulling on your shirt with the other hand part of the game too?? Sounds like fun.