So, I have to say that we had a blast this week. It also helped that it was only a 3 day work week for the both of us. 4th of July, we hung out with Robyn and Aaron and went to the pool. Later in the afternoon we had a BBQ then went to the Liberty Fair at the fairgrounds in Castle Rock. The fair was a little hickish for me but the fireworks were awesome. I think we timed to be over 30 minutes long. It was great. Reminded me of the time my family went to the high school to watch fireworks and I had my head buried in my mom's' lap crying my eyes out. Times have changed. Thursday evening, Troy's little bros came into town for the weekend. It was a thank you present to them for helping us do the landscaping. We had a blast. Thursday night we took them out to dinner and just "crashed" at the house. Brett brought Playstation and we played Crash Team Racing. I love racing games although I prefer Mario Kart.
Friday, we went to Water World. It has been a loooooong time since I've been to a water park but it was tons of fun and I'm happy to report that none of us got sunburnt. Saturday, we went bowling. Will, you'll be proud of me. I bowled a 154, the highest score out of all of us. We bowled 4 games and I scored the highest. It took me a while to get my rhythm down, but once I got it (in the middle of the 4th game) I was on a roll.
Afterwards, we went to the ESPN Zone. The first game we played was the basketball game. You have 40 seconds to shoot as many baskets as possible and guess you whooped everyone. Oh yeah, that was me. I got 45 pts and the next closest one was Troy with 26. I won't mention what the little bros got. We also played the race horse game, Nascar, and the football throwing game. Man, was I sore the next day.
Sunday was a day of relaxtion...and church...and games. We played Five Crowns (or as I like to call it, Triple Crowns), and Mormon Bridge. Monday, I had to work but the boys kept themselves busy with basketball, all the Playstation games the boys brought, and a little bit of yardwork. Hey, we couldn't have them come and not do a little something in the yard! Anywho, now it's back to our regular routine. 
6 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a great time. I love the ESPN Zone, especially the horse race game : )
The fireworks were awesome! And they ended up being close to 50 minutes long. It was a fun weekend.
Busy, busy, busy. How fun!
Sounds like a great weekend. Good entry - I remember you crying outside Simi High watching the fireworks. VERY respectable bowling score. Sometimes aren't you glad that you had me for a brother. I take partial credit for the fact that you're extraordanirily coordinated sports-wise. You're the 3rd family that I know who played Five Crowns recently.
Wow, you guys have been busy, sounds like fun. We should go to water world next summer.
Gosh..if I had known there was a great weekend planned for those who came to help, I'd have driven right out there! :)
Post a Comment