Sunday, August 03, 2008

Changes all around

In the spirit of big changes in the past couple of weeks, our ward was split this week. Having first heard about it last week, the crowds were packed in. We filled the chapel, the overflow, and nearly half of the gym. No wonder they are splitting it! We are in the new ward, called the Foothills Ward, and it encompasses the Meadows part of the old ward. In conjunction with that change, we are getting new callings. We will certainly miss our 4-5 year old kids, and I was grateful to have one last week to teach them. I was called as the Elder's Quorum President. Kind of a daunting task, but hopefully I will be up to the challenge. Luckily our new ward has a lot of the younger couples that I already know, so that is good.
We took Brooke to church today for all of the changes, and she did really well.
We have had some really hot weather as of late (22 straight days about 90) which makes it hard to get out and do anything. We ran a few errands yesterday and Brooke started out bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, but soon she lost her spirit. Luckily the weather is cooling off a little and we were actually able to open the windows at night. I'm excited for fall.

6 comments:

ashley g. said...

Good for y'all- getting out so quick!! I am truly proud. And best of luck with the new calling (I hope that you are ready to do a lot of moving...). You will be great and your new ward is lucky to have such an awesome couple play such a big role.

And I just love your baby. Brooke is adorable. I hope that you're getting LOTS of sleep.

Ware Family said...

Well, that's what you get for being active! Just kidding.
You will be a great EQ president--just make sure you crack the whip and have guys out to help people move. I don't know what we would have done without EQ muscles on both ends of our move, it was wonderful!

Will said...

I like how she just melts into her carseat.

wer said...

exciting changes. umm, did you purposely put the pic of brooke flipping everyone off? she's too cute. we'll have to hook her up with porter for sure.

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
I think she was getting sick of the papparazzi when we went out. Her PR agent will be issuing a public apology shortly...

Mardee Rae said...

ha ha...the paparazzi thing was good! she is so cute. It's crazy how little they are, huh? I am so excited for you guys, well, we all are! And I think her name is beautiful.