Only 65 more days until the end of the year!!!! Can you believe how quickly this year has gone by? A year ago I was looking for a new job, trying to get pregnant, and looking forward to the holidays. This year, I got a new job...as a mom, had a baby, and am once again looking forward to the holidays. This last week was great. From the post before, we got Brooke to laugh for the first time. It was the best and I'm glad that I caught on camera because she hasn't done it since. Boo. She'll look like she'll let one out but then hold back. I think she's just teasing us. Brooke has started rolling over to her side. It's kind of fun to see her swing her legs over.


I started switching out her 0-3 month clothes to 3-6. Is she really getting that big?!?!?! It was kind a sad moment for me. She's also been "sleeping through the night." She's done with the 5 am feeding and will go until 8. She'll usually start to stir around 6 ish but if I pop the pacifier in she'll go until 7:30. I can't complain. I think I really got a great baby. Hopefully I won't be paying for it during the teenage years!! :)
I went to go change after to church and came downstairs to find her like this. She wasn't a fan.

On Thursday I decided to use my gift certificate that Troy had gotten me for my birthday. Let me tell you, those 85 minutes of massage went by so quickly but it was fabulous. Afterwards we went to dinner at Cheesecake. It was our first official date with a sitter and all since the Friday before Brooke was born. It was nice to get out and spend some time alone. I even brought the camera but unfortunately I forgot to take it out until we got home. Brooke was very good for our friend Stacie. Thanks Stacie for looking after her!!! Friday, I went to my neighbor's to make cards and we made a really cool picture frame. Now I just need to take a nice picture of us and we can finally hang a picture on our wall. (Yes, our walls are still bare of pics of us. Maybe someday).

Saturday was a pretty chill day. We wanted to go to the Red Bull Soapbox derby but decided that it would be too chilly for Brooke and finding a place to park and all would be too much of a hassle. Instead, we went to Costco, filled up on samples, then went grocery shopping. I even got to sneak in a game of Mario Kart and Troy got to play football.
5 comments:
I like the hairband picture. It made me chuckle!
Yep, your world has changed quite a bit in the last little bit. I'd say she's out of the awkward newborn stage and in the funner baby one.
Oh how cute, She is wearing baby bling bling. I love it!
Sister...we need to discuss...we went to the redbull soapbox thing and it was quite an adventure! It was hilarious though! We loved it. We'll have to tell you guys the story.
Ryleigh has the same green jumper. Just in a bigger size of course. Brooke is so cute and love the laughing.
Post a Comment