Brooke and I had a blast hanging out with Troy's family this past week. On Thursday (a week and a half ago) Troy went to Chicago for a seminar and I flew to Salt Lake. I'll have to admit that I was kind of scared traveling with Brooke on a plane by myself for the very first time but she was a gem. She didn't make one peep the whole flight. I never realized that traveling with a baby would require so much packing. Brooke, alone, had one full suitcase to herself. Another thing I noticed is that no one wants to sit next to a baby. I boarded the plane after group A and found a seat in row 5. There was already another gentleman sitting in the aisle seat so I sat next the window. As people passed, they would make eye contact with me and show a little excitement of "yes, I found a sweet seat" then they would notice Brooke sitting in my lap and pass on by. It was pretty humorous.
We tried giving Brooke a bath in the sink. I think she was a little to big for it.
Friday, Troy's mom and I went down to Lindon to hang out with the ladies on her side of the family. It was a lot of fun catching up with everyone and to see how big all the little kids have gotten. Unfortunately, I never pulled out my camera. Saturday and Sunday were pretty chill since it was conference weekend. Will and Kristin came up Sunday night for dinner. Little Sierra is a cutie and I can't believe she can already walk! We tried doing horse faces again. Here's how they turned out.


Monday I met up with some friends from back home. I hadn't seen them in years and it was fun to catch up.
That afternoon I started feeling a little achy and I worried that it was the onset of the flu. Well, it turns out that it wasn't the flu but a really nasty stomach bug. Starting Tuesday morning and going through Wednesday I could not keep anything in me. It was pretty horrible and I have never experienced anything like that. It sucked. Luckily I had Grandma Ware to help because I could not give a whole lot of attention to Brooke.
By Wednesday I was starting to feel better so I drove down to Provo to meet up with Troy. He was doing recruiting at BYU. We hung out with Shane and Heather that night. Thursday, I had lunch with Jenna at L&T on campus. That was the first real meal that I had since Monday night that I was able to keep down. It was delicious. Friday we flew back home. It was such a great mini vacation but it's nice to be back home.
I left Brooke in the crib while I was packing and I found her like this. I thought it was pretty funny.
The weather leading up to Friday had been great but a cold front moved in bringing frigid temps. I think when we got into Denver it was somewhere in the mid to high 50s. Saturday was in the low 50s and today was in the mid to low 40s. Yowza!!! We also had some crazy fog. Too bad it was Halloween because the weather would have been perfect for it.
9 comments:
Who takes care of Mom when Mom is sick? Thank goodness for Grandma Ware. I remember the first time all of us got the stomach flu at the same time. That is when I was willing to pay for my Mom to fly out to visit me.
Brooke is such a smiley girl! I'm glad that she was so good for you on the plane. If there is anything that people don't like sitting by on the plane more than babies... it's toddlers. So enjoy your added privacy on Southwest! That is by far my favorite to fly on for that reason. The plane will be packed, but my daughter and I will have like 2 rows to ourselves. It is fabulous.
Fun trip- i'm so glad you got to see Jamie and Emily! I didn't get to see Emily last time, but i'm sure she looks cute pregnant! Oh, and are we still cool for January? It's the weekend of the 10th and 11th, so it's not President's Day weekend... let me know what you think!
Dang I look retarded! Oh well. It was good to hang out with you and Brooke. All except for the bug the trip sounded like a blast.
Ha Ha...I love the picture of Brooke in her pink outfit. What a cutie. Is she already sitting up by herself?
Those are some pretty good pics of Brooke. Funny thing, I ran into Emily at a Cubs Scouts thing on Thursday. I literally COULDN'T talk to her, with the way my voice is lately.
She does have a little "Hammer brothers" in her, she is so cute!
Thanks for coming over, it was good to see you and finally meet Brooke!
Haha, that last picture is so cute, you should put that in a frame somewhere. I'm glad your bug was quick and not the flu, it may have been your lunch out.
I think that I am going to have to go with Troy and say that she is one of the hammer brothers.
I had to look gain to realize they were Jaime and Emily. It was good to see that they are doing well.
Brooke is so cute in all her wonderful outfits.
I have an apron sink in my kitchen, she could take baths there anytime. You just have to fly over.
Post a Comment