With the first snow came some great snow to sled on. By the time it stopped snowing, we had about 6-7 inches of fresh powder to enjoy and the nice sun to keep us somewhat warm. I decided that I would let Brooke go out and play since all she ever wants to do when we're out running errands is to walk in any pile of snow.

So I bundled her up and let her have at it.
(Does she still fit in her 18 month old jacket and snow pants? Yes, yes she does) Well, she had no idea what to do with herself once I planted her onto our deck.

It took some coaxing but I finally got her warmed up...as in I pulled her around in the sled and did a few laps around our backyard.

We had some friends come over last night for dessert. I've been on a baking kick which is kind of weird for me but I think the fruits from these labors have been very rewarding. I have no pics but we enjoyed ourselves some lemon yogurt cake and a coconut cake. Both courtesy of Barefoot Contessa. Brooke kept herself entertained being chauffered around by her newfound friend while we enjoyed the grub and company.

Oh, and I don't know if we ever mentioned but we're having a boy!!! Yikes, I'm not quite sure what to do with myself. Am I slightly scared out of my mind...yes. Does Troy try to talk some sense into me...yes. Does it work...ever...not really. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what's in store for us come mid-May.



P.S. These are kind of old pictures. We've actually known that we would be having a little boy since Thanksgiving. We have a good friend that is an ultrasound tech so she did an ultrasound right before I hit 15 weeks and our little guy was not shy at all. We just had our 20 week ultrasound a couple of weeks ago but I'm too lazy to scan and post so these will have to suffice.
12 comments:
...but her snow hat is 3-4T!
Congrats on the baby boy news! If you are out in Utah let me know- I have a TON of baby boy clothes that my little guy will never be able to wear, there's just to much! Can't wait to see those belly pics, if your even showing yet :)
Yay for boys! They are lots of fun! ;-)
Congrats on a boy! Don't be too scared. From what I've heard, boy parts are a lot easier to deal with than girl parts... this is coming from a mom of two boys, though, and hearing stories about friends' daughters that freak me out. If it's just about the culture of raising a boy, don't worry- dad'll take care of all that in the evenings & on weekends. :)
I am excited for you to have a boy. They are a whole other world of fun.
You're having a BOY!!! So exciting!! One of each...the pressure is off for the next one, right?? :) Congrats!!
Brooke is so cute. No worries, boys aren't horrible, especially if you have an older girl. However, boys ARE boys no matter what. It always amazes me that my son thinks burping is funny. Where did he learn that? Not from me or his dad (because I made the rules clear about boys long before we had any). You'll do great!
Yay!! Its a boy!! That is awesome!
Yes! Another Boy cousin for Jason :) Brooke is so cute in the snow. I need to take Ty out more often too he loves it!
Congrats! Boys are wild and crazy but very fun!
Can I have the recipe for the lemon yogurt cake? My baby would really like some. :)
In fact, just thinking about it is making me starving. I think we're going to go have some yogurt since I can't get it out of my head now.
Congratulations!!!!! Boys are so fun!!! That is such exciting news!
Post a Comment