I had my dreaded glucose test on Friday. I know all you ladies out there are so jealous that I was able to partake of this wonderful drink.
Instead of taking sips at a time I decided to chug it down. Bad move. I felt like I was going to yack all the way to the doctor's office. Luckily I kept it all down and hopefully passed with flying colors. Afterwards, Brooke and I decided to take advantage of the gorgeous day and head to the zoo. I believe the high for the day was 67 and it felt wonderful. (a great precursor to our upcoming trip to CA).
Brooke wanted to show how much she had grown since last summer and decided to pose next to her favorite penguin.
Lastly, we had Aaron, Robyn, and Taylor down to hang out yesterday. The week before Robyn called and said that she was craving potstickers. Seeing as she lives about 1 1/2 hrs. away I suggested they come down so she could learn how to make them so she can "whip" them up the next time she has a craving. Dinner was great, the company was wonderful, and Brooke definitely liked having a friend to play with. Although I think she got a little confused with Taylor and Taylor not being Uncle Taylor. I think she figured it out.
Sunday, January 30, 2011
Zero to 60
I don't think we were ever quite to 0 degrees but we definitely got a dusting of snow at the beginning of the week and we ended the week in the 60s!!!! On the days we were cooped up inside, Brooke decided to tackle her puzzle that she got from Coco (uncle Jonathan) for her birthday.
I think she's gotten the hang of finding the puzzle pieces and she did most of it by herself (meaning we pointed to the spot and asked her what piece would fit into it). She has always amazed me with how well she does puzzles. I'm still clueless on how she figured out her alphabet one that she did last spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! You all ready had your glucose test? I took mine just a week ago I think... haha I passed mine thankfully. I did find out though that I am somewhat anemic, which is weirs because I have always had awesome Iron levels. I guess I need to eat more leafy greens.
Have fun In California this week! I made sure Kristin got the 2011 Guide to Disneyland so you should have an excellent time there!
You already know this, but Brooke is one cute kid.
Post a Comment