Monday, February 25, 2008

Home Improvements

We are slowly but surely making our house more into a home. A couple weekends we bought a mirror at a very reasonable price to put in the front room. Since there's such a big wall, I had trouble figuring out what to put there but I think the mirror looks nice. And...we finally have furniture in the front room although it looks like Lexie's playroom. We are also in the process of looking for someone to install a deck for us. We've gotten 2 quotes so far. One was completely outrageous and the other is one that we could live with. We'll see if go through with them. Our backyard will be very nice this spring/summer when we have that put in.

Saturday, we went to the Colorado Garden and Home show. We weren't sure what to expect and we got free tickets so we thought we'd venture downtown and see what all the hub-bub was about. Troy and I decided that it's a great place to go to if you plan on doing some major renovations or purchasing a hot tub but nonetheless it was fun to walk around. I think this is the most walking exercise I've done in months. We then had dinner at Pat's which is a Philly cheesesteak place. Their philly cheesesteaks are yummy and I'm always afraid to venture outside of that but we ordered something different and split it. I think we're turning into my parents! Sunday was a beautiful day. We had Stake conference and decided since the weather was nice, to walk to church. By the time we got there, around 9:45, I had to take off my sweater since it was so nice. The walk home was a bit breezy but it was great to be outside. The majority of the snow in our backyard has melted. The front yard is a different story. Unfortunately, we had to say goodbye to the nice weather because it's snowing now. I don't think it's supposed to last but I am definitely ready for 70 degree weather.

5 comments:

Will said...

Do you photoshop Lexie in? How does that cat manage to get into every shot??? It doesn't look that sneaky.

Kristin said...

So... are you starting into the fat stage of the pregnancy? I hate that stage, the are you fat or are you pregnant. It was the worst! Troy you need to take a picture of Tracie.

Kenz said...

The front room is looking great! You have wonderful taste! It is so fun to do house fix ups, but it sure makes me wish I was a millionaire! Love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Pictures have been taken but I don't think I'm going to post them. I definitely don't think I look pregnant to other people. Just really round in the mid-section. You'll just have to wait to see us in a few weeks. :)

Anonymous said...

Is it a love for the camera or a love for the camera person? I guess only Lexie can truly answer that.