Sunday, February 17, 2008

Thump Thump

By far the highlight of this week was Tracie's doctor appointment on Monday afternoon. It was a pretty quick visit, but we did get to hear the baby's heartbeat. It was amazing, and I must say that I was surprised how cool it sounded. There really is nothing that compares to hearing your own child for the first time.

Monday night we had some friends (Scott and Laura) over for dinner. We are slowly trying to expand our circle of friends, since we don't have the default of Aaron and Robyn to hang out with all the time.

We did go to the temple with Aaron and Robyn on Friday night and then out to dinner afterwards. It was a lot of fun to go with friends, and the temple is always a little more crowded on Friday nights, which is nice. We really do enjoy having a temple so close by.

Yesterday we enjoyed the sunshine (I wore shorts) and then came home to watch the BYU-UNLV game. We saw Casey Tanner in the crowd, and it was cool to watch the game. It brought back memories of being there, and Tracie enjoyed the fact that two UNLV guys fouled out! (Although the announcers talked during the whole first one, and the second one the cut to commercial before we could hear the "Sit Down!!!!") Lexie is a snuggly cat, and loves to sleep next to you or on top of you. The other morning she wanted to join Tracie for a nap, and took snuggling to a whole new level.

10 comments:

Jenna said...

That's so cool that you saw Casey, he seems to be in everything lately. We actually spent the night in a tent to get tickets for the Utah game on Wednesday (my idea). It reminded me of when we stood in line that one year : ) Good times!

Kenz said...

I'm pretty sure that first comment up there is a virus that's going around, so please don't click on it!!!

So, was the heartbeat fast or slow? They say girls have faster heart rates in the womb. Pretty fun.

Kristin said...

Our friends are pretty limited too. What the heck are we going to do when Matt and Mickie move away :(

I love hearing left, right, left, right. One guy played around with it a few years ago. He would sit and stand walk around and sit again. It was so fuuny.

Anonymous said...

troy says..."it was Webster Slaughter from San Diego State. Fouled out 2 years in a row at BYU. Really good player, probably their best." I told you he knew weird stuff.

Kenz said...

I looked it up and anything over 150 is considered fast. So,you're right on the fence! Hmmm.....

I'm pretty sure it's an old wive's tale, but some people really swear that it holds true. When is your ultrasound, BTW?

Ware Family said...

with Jackson, according to the heartbeat, it was a boy. So they were right!

With the twins, according to the heartbeat, it was a boy.
Uhhhh, nope, wrong on both gender and number!
I wonder whose heartbeat they caught, Kate's or Ellie's. I'll never know!

Ware Family said...

oh and by the way, this time around when the dr. said it's a boy according to the heartbeat, I got all excited.
Yay, another boy! They can be little buddies!
Then the dr. said yeah, I have a fifty percent chance of being right!
Squashed my excitement. I guess you never know until the real ultrasound.
Can't wait to hear!

Elise and Lane said...

Yeah congrats! That's a huge step! When do you get the ultrasound for the sex?

ashley g. said...

What a cool experience! Ours was actually the right gender based on the heartbeat. But, once again, that darn 50/50 chance. We are thrilled fo you!!

Jen and Mark said...

Wow, congratulations you two!! We are sooo excited. Tracie I hope you are feeling ok, how far along are you? We'll we can't wait to see little baby Ware in person if we are still in Colorado or from the blog!