Friday, February 01, 2008

Troy's Entry: Thanks President Bush!

President Bush was in town yesterday to do some fund raising for a Rebuplican Congressional candidate (do my tax dollars really pay for this? but I digress) and he decided to leave at the peak of rush hour. Luckily for me I was on the light rail as I zoomed past the cops blocking all lanes of Southbound I-25 traffic just before Belleview, and every on-ramp from there until County Line. Luckily for me, I get off at Lincoln, which was the first on-ramp open after Belleview (for those familiar with Denver roads, Pres. Bush was headed east on E-470 to go to Buckley Air Force base). The longer I was on the train and kept looking to the deserted lanes of I-25, the more excited I became. I rushed to my car after getting off the train, battled a little traffic to get on to Southbound I-25, and then basked in the freedom of 75 MPH driving the entire way home. It was the most stress-free commute I've had since moving to Castle Rock. Thanks again President Bush!!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Ok that made me laugh. I can see you getting more and more excited as you see the empty streets.

mbr said...

"Thanks again President Bush!!" I think this is the first, if not only, time that phrase has been said without a thick layer of sarcasm.

Anonymous said...

someone got to thank him for something! I think he deserves more credits than is due.

Anonymous said...

someone got to thank him for something! I think he deserves more credits than is due.