Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Christmas in California: Part 3

So, I have taken it upon myself to update you with the rest of the goings on from Christmas to New Year. Christmas morning was a lot of fun. Both Will and Kristin and Troy and I got Wiis which was definitely the highlight for us. Thanks mom and dad!!However I think Jason scored big time by getting all the Cars' cars imaginable and a Cars' racetrack. I think he spent the rest of the morning playing with the cars while we played the Wii. Having never played it before, I think Troy and I got the hang of it pretty quickly.
Look at their focusChristmas afternoon/evening all of my mom's side of the family came over for Christmas dinner. I believe that this is the first year that Troy has experienced Christmas with my side of the family. It's definitely different but I love it. All nine aunts and uncles were present including spouses and a few cousins and a few of there kids. If we had to do a family tree, I really don't think our family would fit on one tree alone.
Every nook and cranny of my parent's house filled with people The day after Christmas we spent the morning relaxing while playing the Wii then headed to my aunt's house for dinner. Thursday, Will and Kristin headed back to Utah. Our flight wasn't until 4:30 that afternoon having already been delayed one hour, so my parents and us headed out to lunch. I tried to convince my dad to take us to dim sum but he said that in order for us to go it would require a 3 hours delay so we settled for Vietnamese. By the time we checked our bags into the flight, we were still expected to leave at 4:30. We got to the gate around 1:45ish and sat around for a bit. Then there was a voice over the PA announcing that our flight was delayed in Denver due to de-icing but the plane was in the air. She made it sound like if they could deboard and refuel quickly we could actually leave a little before the 4:30 departure. Well to make a long story short, she made that same announcement about 3 other times saying that the plane was delayed due to de-icing but it was now in the air. Our final departure time was 6:30. We so could have gotten dim sum!! Anywho, after all was said and done we flew into Denver around 10:15 pm when we really should have gotten in 6:30. Troy went to dig out the car while I grabbed the bags. Now let me tell you, carrying 3 big bags that weigh as much as I do is not easy but I finally made to the curb to meet Troy. By the time we got home and into bed it was 1:30 am!!! I told Troy that this is our luck every Christmas. Last year was the blizzard. The year before was a 4 hours delay at the SLC airport and the one before that was the crazy rainy weather driving back to Utah and almost getting in a car accident. I wonder what will come this year?!?!?!?!
Just thought I'd add a pic of my really cute niece, Sierra. She already has pigtails.

This past weekend were able to plow through our puzzle and finish it. Surprisingly, Lexie did not make any of the pieces disappear. New Year's eve, we went to dinner at Hacienda Colorado then headed home to watch the first of the Bourne trilogy. We were in bed by 10:30 no thanks to me but hey, somewhere in the US it was the new year. :) New Year's day, we just chilled indoors playing the Wii and watching bowl games, and watching The Bourne Supremacy.

I think that about covers it. Just wanted to wish you all a fantastic New Year. I hear it's supposed to be a great one. :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny, I heard the same thing about the New Year!

Thanks for the update. (I love you)

Erin and Ryan said...

Alright you have a Wii!!! I just tried out our friend's Wii yesterday, I really like the tennis, it makes you a quite a good player. Sounds like you all had fun, I bet the food was good on Christmas!

Kristin said...

I was bound and determinded to beat Troy. Yeah yeah I know I still lost.

6:30 dang!

ashley g. said...

Mmmm... Hacienda. Just as a sidenote- make sure your marriage is secure when playing the wii. Steve and I get in serious fights and have to duke it out "boxing style." Pretty funny, eh?

Anonymous said...

Yay! Part 3!! I loved all the pics, especailly of Sierra...what a cutie little girl!

Anonymous said...

Tracie is a big trash talker on the Wii!!

Rachel said...

Love the picture of your mom playing the Wii.

Shane said...

I think the picture of your parents playing the Wii is classic! Love it!