Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Pregnant Brain moment

So, I had my first "pregnant" brain moment on Monday. We headed out late in the afternoon to do a little bit of shopping and looking around. We stopped by Crate & Barrel and bought a citrus peeler (only $.75, not bad), a silicone baster (only $.95), a bamboo strainer thing (only $4.95), and 2 oil container thingies (originally $12.95 but on sale for $4.95). I think we got a great deal and thanks to Kristin and Will for the giftcard. Afterwards we headed to Sofa Mart to search for a sectional. We think we have found the one. It's not as deep as I would like and it's a little on the bigger side so we will see. Afterwards we headed to Old Chicago for dinner. It was delicious and their tomato sauce is incredible. Then we headed home. As we pulled into the garage I noticed that I had left my purse at the restaurant 30 minutes away. I was so mad at myself. So after about an hour in the car we came home again with purse in hand. We set out Crate & Barrel bag of purchases on the table and proceeded to have family night. Well, Lexie being the bag lover that she is wanted to see what was inside of the bag. Really, she only wanted to be able to get into the bag without stuff being in it so Troy emptied the contents onto the table and gave her the bag. Well, apparently that wasn't what Lexie wanted, she wanted to see what was in the tissue and decided to nudge one off the table. Once it fell, you could hear the glass shatter. Luckily it was all contained in the tissue. We cleaned it up then continued with family night. It was my turn to read and as I started, I burst into tears. Troy, not knowing what's going on, asks me if I'm alright. I blubberishly reply that I'm still mad at myself for leaving my purse and having to make him drive me all the way back to to the restaurant to get it and then Lexie breaking one of our brand new oil holder thingies. (oh sigh) I really hope that incident isn't a forecast for things to come or else Troy is in the for the long haul!!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I am still just as emotional after having a kid! I have just learend to hide it :) Good luck.

Anonymous said...

I'd be kicking myself (too hard as well, I might add) for forgetting something. I HATE leaving things places . . .

Kenz said...

This is where the rubber meets the road for your marriage. Congrats and good luck!

P.S. Kristin is right!

ashley g. said...

I laughed out loud- only because we've totally been there before. Isn't it funny what happens to you? Either way- you did great! Most pregnant women would have started crying because the sauce was far too delicious and the restaurant ran out of it. Way to be strong!! P.S. New Mommy Brain is just as halarious!

Natalie said...

Oh my gosh, being pregnant is so hard for that reason! I HATE crying and it was all I could do not to! I'm A LOT better now, in fact, I hardly cry anymore, but emotions during and after pregnancy are crazy.

Anonymous said...

Troy, you are a sweet guy. I know you can handle my daughter. I have faith in you. As for Tracie, I am only a phone call away. I guess it will get better. Honestly, Ican't remember any more.

Rachel said...

Troy- Hang in there and just give her a hug when that happens. I did that to Dan more than once. Pets are crazy sometimes...The day we went to the hospital, Thumper ate a whole loaf of wheat bread from off the counter.