It was four years ago this weekend that Tracie and I went on our first date. She out ate me at Old Spaghetti Factory, we watched the BYU men's volleyball team win, and then the men won playing "Battle of the Sexes". The following Monday, a bunch of us went sledding. Now four years later, here is how we spent our long weekend. Friday I had the day off of work, not for anything fun, but to work on my final project in order to get my ASA. That is what I did all day Friday, only taking a small break to have dinner at Red Robin. I got up early to work on it on Saturday and got a lot done in the morning. We had waffles in the morning and went grocery shopping for the first time since Christmas. It was just like when I was younger because we filled up the entie cart. We watched the Bourne Ultimatum that night and enjoyed our freshly mulled apple cider. Sunday we got up and had blueberry pancakes for breakfast. About an hour later Lexie discovered that the pan was still a little warm. 
It was ward conference, and I think that it wore Tracie out. She and Lexie settled down for a nice nap.
Today I have work off due to Martin Luther King Day, so we have spent some time playing Mario party, watching the Australian Open, trying to find a sectional, and then dinner at Old Chicago.
6 comments:
I just remembered that I was there for your first date. That was a mean game of "Battle of the Sexes" and it was a good thing you guys had Brandon on your team : )
I agree that Brandon was the only reason we won. How did he know so much about shampoo, makeup, and feminine hygeine products?! And Troy, I hoped you washed your griddle really, really well...
Troy, you great little journal-writer, you . . . .
I was going to say the same exact thing about Brandon. Funny that we all remember that.
I wasn't a big help to the girl's team because I'd constantly waffle on my answers. I think I talked myself out of several right answers. Brandon was so funny!!
Pahleeese wash that pan before using it again!!
Post a Comment