Since moving into our house, my biggest fear is that I would find something dead in our basement window wells. I already faced my fear somewhat earlier this year when we were visiting my brother and his family and I found a dead cat in their window well. Luckily, this time my mom found the dead rabbit in the well while she was exercising downstairs. She also found a baby bunny too that had somehow survived the fall. Unfortunately we had to wait all day for Troy to come home to take care of it but luckily it was under the deck so it wasn't out in the sun all day. We also fed the baby bunny some lettuce which it eagerly ate. All in all, Troy said taking care of the rabbit wasn't nearly as gross as disposing of the cat at Will's place. Thanks Troy for being great!!!!!!



10 comments:
Careful, that looks like a Jack Rabbit. I grew up with lots of them in our backyard and they can be MEAN and disease infested! How did it get there anyway?
Troy you look really manly going down into the window well to retrieve a rabbit.
Poor little rabbit! Good thing you saved it!
Very brave. What are you going to do with the live rabbit?
I just had my first experience with disposing of a dead animal. We are currently living with my parents and my Dad left town. He also left the raccoon traps set. Well... we caught one. And Steve and I had to bury it. Nasty! It had been there for like 3 days when we discovered it.
Troy- you're a brave man.
Could it be that the wildlife was attracted to the empty bag of Cheetos down there?
Baby danger! Better get some covers on the window wells. We will need some as well in our new house. I didn't have to have any in this house, boo!
It's apparent from the comments that Tracie has lots of fraidy-cat company . . .
Ah are you guys going to keep the bunny? Way to go Troy for getting him and at least the bunny is cute!
Rabbit stew is really delicious. Mmmmm. As for the little bunny, we let it go be with it's brothers and sisters. I think there is/was a family living underneath the deck. We're going to have to take care of that.
I want you to know that I've been checking your blog all the time this week. I'm so excited for you both. I keep thinking I'm going to find a blog saying there is a baby. But all I've gotten so far is a baby rabbit. Not the same.
Post a Comment