Sunday, July 20, 2008

Still Chugging along...

But not for long!!!!!!!!!! I have finally begun to make progress although it's not a lot as Troy mentioned last week. I still have no idea if I've experienced contractions or anything else but I have my last dr's appt. this Tuesday so hopefully she'll come back with good news. If this little girl doesn't come by Thursday, I'll be induced Friday on the actual due date. A couple weeks ago I had asked my doctor about inducing. Not because I wanted to be but just to find out at what point it was an option. She told us that we could induce anytime after 38 weeks and if we wanted to schedule a date. Well, that took us by surprise and I had no idea what to say. In the end, I told her that I didn't to go past my due date so we have it scheduled that I will go to the hospital Thursday evening at 7:30. She'll start me on prostaglandin then induce me the following morning. Can you believe it?!?!?!?! We're going to parents by the end of the week!!!!!!! Anywho, I have a feeling that if we did not set up this date our gal would have liked to stay inside for another week or so because she hasn't dropped.
On to fun stuff, Troy's mom and little bros came into town last weekend for a few days. It was fun to hang out with them. Sunday night we played a game called Whoonu. It was a lot of fun and we all found out something new about Brett. Apparently, he disliked sushi the least out of all the cards that were given to him. Anyone who's anyone knows that Brett is a picky eater. None of us at the table believed him and we decided to put him to the test. I bought California Rolls from Costco for him to try. Mind you, this is no where near sushi but it was a step in the right direction. I even gave him good, salty soy sauce to eat with it. In the end, he said that it wasn't that bad but for some reason I don't think he'll ever eat it again. The rest of the time they were here, we went swimming, mini golfing, and the boys went golfing. It was a lot of fun to have them here.
Friday night, Troy and I had our final date night without having to pay a sitter. Troy mentioned that the ladies in his office wanted to see me one more time before the baby came so I headed downtown Friday afternoon. Come to find out, they threw us a small baby shower. It was very sweet of them. Afterwards, we had dinner at Maggiano's then went and saw The Dark Knight. It was good movie although towards the end I wanted to get up and walk around. It was kind of long but well done.

My mom came in on Wednesday and she'll be here for probably about a month. I can tell she's super excited for the baby to come and I'm really grateful that she is able to be here. Especially because she'll be able to cook for us and her food is delicious. Anywho, good things are to come later this week. We'll keep you guys posted. Wish us luck because we have no idea what we're doing!!!!!!

6 comments:

Lilianne said...

YAY! Trace, I totally know how you feel!!! When I went to my last sonogram, the doctor said, "you need to have this baby in the next two days - so you need to choose if you're going to have a planned c-section or an elective induction." Whoa. I was certainly not prepared for that - and so when I went to see my OB, we decided that we'd try the induction. So there we were! We were going to have a baby in TWO days and it finally started to seem real!

Just get that epidural and everything will be okay. Seriously, those are the best. Especially when you're induced, those contractions are REALLY intense. I would know - they let me labor for about 45 minutes until the doctor got there to give me my epidural...and I was VERY happy to see him.

Now, if you've chosen to go without, good luck, my friend!! You're a much braver soul than I!! :-)

Are you planning on breastfeeding? I've definitely got some advice for you, because it was the hardest thing I have ever done and I still lost the battle and am now pumping and feeding her through a bottle.

Good luck! We'll be thinking of you! Can't wait to see what she looks like!

Kenz said...

We saw Dark Knight over the weekend too! It was good, but I had to divert my eyes during some of the joker scenes because they made me feel physically ill. What made me feel even more sick was the fact that there were 3 year olds in the audience. I embarrassed Jer by giving their parents the evil, disapproving eye. Can't wait for Friday, but I'm still hoping something will open before then!!!!

Kenz said...

I meant happen, not open, but I guess that works too.

ashley g. said...

WOW!! I am so thrilled for you- what an exciting and nerve-racking week but very welcome non-the-less. Best of luck to all three of you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you won't make to Friday.

I TOTALLY agree with you on the Dark Knight. Very long, but way cool. There were a few parts that were a little too crazy/realistic for me, but I quite enjoyed it. And I agree with Jeremy and MacKenzie... anybody that took a child under age 12 should be in trouble. I sat next to a little boy (who was ALONE) that didn't look a day over 8. He was crouched in a ball the entire time.

Good luck!

Bacchus Family said...

Tracie you look awesome. You guys will do great. Shoot, Chad and I haven't killed Charles yet and I even think Charles might be happy we are his parents (babies don't know any better, you are all they know). Good luck.

Ware Family said...

Just get the epidural as quickly as possible and you'll be fine!