Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Welcome to motherhood

Well, I think I've officially made it to the mom club. Sunday morning as I was changing Brooke's diaper, I got a nice water fountain of pee. Luckily there was a new diaper underneath her to catch all her glory. But that's not all, folks. Yesterday, I was changing a poopy diaper and my mom was helping me. As my mom lifted Brooke's legs for me to slide the diaper underneath her, out came a strong stream of liquified poo. This did not just happen once but twice. It did get squirted on the couch and on my hand. It was wonderful but amazingly enough I wasn't grossed out. I guess that happens when it's your own kid!

11 comments:

Ware Family said...

The theme song for motherhood:
G-L-A-M-O-R-O-U-S
Welcome to the club!

Natalie said...

I remember thinking how weird it was that it really didn't bother me that I got peed on, pooped on, thrown up on, farted on, etc... I thought, "if anyone else did any of these things to me even once..." Lucky for you, it's the first of many to come! Brian freaks out when stuff gets on him, but as a mom, you just go with it. Pretty much, you're just worried about the well being of your child! It IS pretty weird.

ashley g. said...

It's a good thing she's so stinkin' (no pun intended) cute!! Is she smiling in that picture? It wouldn't surprise me- I'd be smiling too if my belly was fully unloaded and my Mom knows that I am the greatest.

Isn't initiation great?

Kenz said...

Shout, Shout, gets it all out....

Mustard poop may actually prove this wrong. Trust me....

She just knows how well loved she is! I mean look at that happy face!

Will said...

Ironically, I'm guessing that P on her outfit stands for Pooh.

Jenna said...

Congratulations! (It's Cory and Jenna Sommers from your ward.) She is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! We are so happy for you two!

Anonymous said...

Your little girl is so beautiful. I just can't get over it. I read you labor story and kinda had to smile. I remember it had been hours of contractions and I thought I was going to die and the nurse came in and was like you are 1 cm dilated! I did not know how I was going to make it. I was going so slow. Once I got the epidural things moved right along. CONGRATS guys she is so beautiful.

Tracy Giles said...

She looks so happy! Welcome to motherhood!!!

wer said...

Congratulations! She is so cute! I love the pic of her smiling. It would be fun to go visit you guys.

daveandbri said...

Love this picture! Such a doll.

Kindt Family said...

What a great pic, she's gorgeous! Also, good story. Yup, you're in the mom club. Just wait until you're all dressed up at church and she has a blow-out poopy diaper that gets all over your clothes (or dad's white shirt)... ahh, patience... an easy modern mom tip: buy a big tub of oxyclean powder and soak everything that gets stained in a big, warm water filled bucket of it (stir the clothes around with a paint stick or something, just like the guy in the commercial does). Much easier than rubbing a stain stick or spray into smeary poop and spit up (and I still think it works better at getting the entire stain out with no dingy-ness than a spray-and-wash type product).