Sunday, July 06, 2008

The waiting game....

The waiting game is finally over...as in for pics of the baby's room. (did I fool anyone?) We finally finished the baby's room and can I say how glad I am to be done with it. After we put up the chair rail we just had some touch-ups along the baseboards to take care of. I am not the best person to do such a thing since I'm a bit on the perfectionist side. I finally told Troy that he needed to take away the paintbrush and paint from me before I drove myself crazy. Anywho, so here are some pics of the room. We're still missing the glider but we should be getting it within the next week or so.
As for the other waiting game...I'm still waiting. Luckily, we had a lot of guests come and visit so it has taken my mind off of waiting quite a bit. Drew and Jenna drove over for 4th of July weekend and stayed with Robyn and Aaron. They came down Friday afternoon and stayed around for a fun BBQ and fireworks afterwards in downtown Castle Rock. We also had our friends, Taylor and Stephanie and their little boy down too. It was a lot of fun except the fireworks were cut short when the hill caught on a fire. Bummer. Saturday, Troy and I met up with Robyn, Aaron, Drew, Jenna, and Ryan & Erin and headed to Estes Park. The weather was perfect up there. It was a hot 94 in Denver but a nice 79 in Estes Park with a bit of cloud cover. We walked along Main Street, threw the football a little bit around Estes Lake then headed to Troy's old stomping grounds, Longmont, for dinner at Old Chicago. All in all it was a fun weekend except for the beautiful, swollen feet and hands I'm now sporting. :)
I have a Dr.'s appt. tomorrow and hopefully she'll come back with good news that I've somehow progressed. I better have with all the walking I've done in the past couple weeks!!!!

11 comments:

Kirstin said...

Your baby room is gorgeous! Wow! Good luck over the next few days/weeks...I hope she gets here soon!

Kenz said...

The baby room turned out great! It's very original! I'm sure the bun is fully cooked in your oven. Now it's just a matter of how golden brown you want the crust...

It's getting closer!!!! I heard July 10th was a great day to be born, BTW!

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristin said...

Dude, you have to watch out with the kirstin and kristin. So confusing.

Suzanne absolutly loves your room, and I like it too. I know the anxious feeling of wanting the kid out. She will been here soon enough and then your life chages mostly for the good ;)

Rachel said...

The room looks great! Showroom quality. She'll be here soon, but don't be surprised if you start progressing and then hit a brick wall. Not to be a pessimist or anything. Enjoy the alone time with Troy. You'll do great! Oh and Tammy had her baby on June Friday the 13th. Her name is Milicent.

ashley g. said...

The baby's room turned out amazing! I am also impressed with the swelling. At least you don't have cankles! You are brave to have a baby in July.

We'll keep our fingers crossed that you just wake up with a baby in the crib- have you thought about the stork theory? I am a HUGE fan of that method of delivery. Good luck!

Kindt Family said...

The room looks amazing!!! Good work! I'm sure your dr. will have something to tell you once you're this close! I know it's hard not to be so anxious to get her out, but do your best to just enjoy being alone with Troy and having a quiet house! You will never ever have that again (at least not for less than $5 an hour). I'm excited for you guys!

Elise and Lane said...

Hey- y'all need one of those count down tickers on your blog so we all know how many days you have left!!!!

Ware Family said...

I'd say enjoy your sleep and peace and quiet while you can......but I remember the days.
You can't sleep anyway and you have no idea how noisy it's about to get!!
I will say this, it's wonderful to be able to BREATHE after the baby's out!!

Andersons said...

Love the baby room! Good luck these last few days!! :-)

Jenna said...

The nursery looks super cute!