Sunday, September 28, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!!!!!

One year older and maybe wiser too. We celebrated my 26th birthday this past weekend starting with my birthday dinner at Red Robin Friday night. Brooke was fabulous the whole time. She didn't make one peep and all the waiters thought she was cute. I got a free burger and a sundae. If you haven't signed up for the birthday club there you must so you can get your free burger. Saturday, Robyn drove down and we went to go see Night at the Rodanthe. Troy took one for the team and stayed home with Brooke. We then had chicken kabobs, twice baked potatoes, and fruit salad for dinner. It was all very delicious. Afterwards we had cupcakes. I decided this year that I wanted all the candles on one cupcake. Let me tell you, that flame was pretty high but it was funny.
Brooke wasn't sure what to make of all this fun.Troy came close to singing off his eyebrows.Luckily the smoke alarm didn't go off!!!The cupcake after all the candles were taken out.Robyn got me The Five People You Meet In Heaven and a cookbook for making soups. I'm excited to dive into both of these books. Today was a pretty chill day for it being my birthday. I was all celebrated out from Friday and Saturday. After Troy came home from his meetings we opened my other b-day presents from his family and him. His family got me a cool cookbook for making creative cakes. It will definitely come in handy in the future. Troy got me the best present of all...a 85 minute Swedish Massage at some spa. I had told him a little bit ago that what I wanted for my birthday every year I had a kid was a massage. It's amazing what pregnancy has done to my back and I am looking forward to scheduling my massage. I will have to let you know how it goes. It will be my first one ever. So all in all I had a fabulous birthday. Thanks to all for the phone calls and emails.
Just thought I'd add a cute pic of Brooke. Don't you just want to eat those cheeks!!!!!

14 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad to see your birthday weekend went well. That flame on your cupcake was awesome! Happy Birthday!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday! Red Robin is definitely THE place for birthdays! (I've celebrated many there over the years...) :)

joanna wilde said...

Happy Birthday! Glad you had such a great weekend!
P.S. Brooke's cheeks ARE pretty dang irresistible!

Kristin said...

I love the HUGE flame. Does he really still need to be lighting all the candles at that point?!?

Jenna said...

Love the flame...Glad to hear you had a great bday! Way to keep with tradition and do the rainbow chip frosting!!! =)

Ware Family said...

Happy birthday Tracie!

Jyll said...

Happy Birthday Tracie, glad it was a good one. Boy do you make me feel old:) Although I do have 3 kids to your 1:) And my oldest is 7. Enjoy that massage, you'll be addicted.

Tracy Giles said...

Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had a fun day. I love all the candles on one cupcake, very funny!

wer said...

Happy Birthday Tracie!

ashley g. said...

What a great birthday!! And I think that a birthday cupcake with that many candles might be against fire code regulations. But I won't tell. Happy Birthday!

Julie said...

Can I just say that Brooke is the CUTEST freakin' kid alive! Happy birthday Tracie :-) Way to have a cute kid

daveandbri said...

So, no big suprize that I am a a dollar (okay maybe a few dollars) short and a day late, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Hope you enjoyed it. Lachelle just sent me a dvd from my bridal shower and wedding and things and it was crazy to see how "old" we've all gotten. Somehow we actually have changed over the past 6 years.

The Allens said...

Happy birthday! Sounds like you had fun celebrating! Brooke is the cutest thing ever!

Kali said...

Tracie!! Caught up with you through Jenna! So glad to be in touch again! I just started a blog about a month ago and am realizing how great it is in terms of finding people and catching up. Your baby is absolutely beautiful!! Good job!!;) And Happy Birthday by the way!!